Koodo Community
Solved

ACTIVATE SIM

Hello I currently have a koodo plan but i accidentally damaged my sim card, i ordered a new one which i now have, what is the simplest way to activate it? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dennis 15 October 2020, 06:09

By going in your self serve account.

Then go to View My Rate Plan > Change Your Sim Card

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then go to View My Rate Plan > Change Your Sim Card

Thanks for the reply, I still had no success, koodo wants to send me a confirmation code via text message so I can activate my new SIM but  my phone doesn’t work, they don’t have another option, I don’t have another phone number/option to be contacted on. i wish i could call someone to get  this corrected but koodo doesn’t have phone call-in service from what i understand? i haven’t had a working phone in 2-weeks. Any further suggestions are appreciated. Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply, I still had no success, koodo wants to send me a confirmation code via text message so I can activate my new SIM but  my phone doesn’t work, they don’t have another option, I don’t have another phone number/option to be contacted on. i wish i could call someone to get  this corrected but koodo doesn’t have phone call-in service from what i understand? i haven’t had a working phone in 2-weeks. Any further suggestions are appreciated. Regards.

Do you have any family members or friends just to receive the code?

If not, send them message through FB or Twitter. Tell them you don't have any access to receive the code through text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can have a call back to any Canadian number, or you can contact them through Facebook or Twitter private message. Sorry things were so frustrating for you 🙂

i do not have another callback number, i live alone in the country, i do not have facebook or twitter, this is my problem and i’m at the point of going to another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can set up a bogus account just for the conversation. It might be less hassle than going to another provider, but that's up to you of course.

Another provider is where i’m going, the inconvenience of this is just to HIGH. Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i wish i could call someone to get  this corrected but koodo doesn’t have phone call-in service from what i understand? 

Do you have working phone? Then try to set up call back

I don’t have a working phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have a working phone

Well, you mentioned that you wish you could call someone to get this corrected. So, I assumed you have a working phone like landline o something.

You already decided to go go to other providers. So I also wish you luck.

i live in the country, i can drive 20km to the local library to make a phone call, but cannot receive calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well you already solved your problem by going to another provider, othewise I’d stick with my recommendation to create a dummy Facebook account and contact Koodo through that. You don’t even have to use your real name. Or ask a trusted neighbour/family member to do the conversation for you (stand by for providing proof that it’s you making the request, such as your PIN).

It’s a shame they don’t have a chat from their website but that’s the way it is. We have exhausted all options so again, wishing you all the best with your new provider.