Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Activate a new SIM on a postpaid account and switch between SIM cards

Userlevel 2
So I have a BlackBerry Z30, which is my primary phone, and an iPhone 6 which I want to use as my secondary phone and was thinking about getting a nano SIM for the iPhone just to be able to use it. The BlackBerry uses a micro SIM and the iPhone 6 uses a nano but here's my question: Am I allowed to have two SIM cards on the same account and use them interchangeably? I read on this Koodo community forum that as long as the SIM cards are activated at least once every 90 days, it should be okay. I wanted to clarify that. I have a Koodo postpaid month to month plan with a micro SIM in my Z30 at the moment. Since I have a postpaid plan, If I get a nano SIM for the iPhone, does the 90 day rule still apply in order to keep the SIM cards usable? To add to that question, do SIM cards expire and what happens if I want to beyond the 90 day period before I decide to go back to the other phone? If it's beyond the 90 day period, will I still be able to reactivate the inactive SIM and is there a way for me to do it all on my own like maybe through the Koodo Self Serve website? Hope my questions and description make sense.
icon

Best answer by Chad Burr 15 October 2015, 14:55

I just did so last week and this morning

If you pass the 90days you'll have to buy a new SIM

Does not apply to prepaid Sims which can only be used once Login to self serve ...phone services...change phone...choose either option

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
I just did so last week and this morning

If you pass the 90days you'll have to buy a new SIM

Does not apply to prepaid Sims which can only be used once Login to self serve ...phone services...change phone...choose either option