Koodo Community

9 attempts to get a call back and using facebook messanger but no answer.

My husband went to his father’s funeral and had no access to wifi, with many video calls to make organizing the funeral. I upgraded his data plan. Two days later he gets a Data  90% used Alert. On the self serve profile it shows the upgraded plan and I cannot do it again. The data remained at the rate of the former plan. I contacted Koodo through Facebook and chatbot to request call backs. Nine times. Not a call, not a response to the Facebook requests. My husband’s data cut off mid video call with all the family. What is going on at Koodo? Why can we not directly contact a human? This has taken hours over days. I’ve been with Koodo for many years but the is inexcusable especially at times like this. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For your callback make sure that Koodo's number isn't blocked in your phone.

As for the data, when you switch the plan the data gets prorated. (If you switch to an 8GB plan with 15days left you'd get 4GB to use for the remaining days)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear about your family loss. 

There are couple of issue there. 

1st is the plan change. Are you on a postpaid or prepaid account? You can only change your plan once per billing cycle. If you already changed it, you can't change again in selfserve. For extra data, you would have to top up data. 

2nd is the chat bot: did you just type “i want a call back” or did you receive a confirmation of the callback? Facebook messaging isn't a live chat. Someone probably will respond to your messages but it might take several hours. 

Thanks. I checked, the number isn’t blocked.  I received all nine call back confirmations as texts. I’m post paid. I did not understand the proration part and gave now had a live person respond in Facebook to explain that,two whole days later. The data usage graph stayed at the 2732 MB rate not the new plans rate which would be 2/3 if 3GB and 1/3 of 8GB so about 5GB . He very well have burnt through that amount of data but from reading the usage graph it looked Like it wasn’t updated . My main bug bear was we had a data crisis where we would have paid for 15GB if we understood proration if only someone would have contacted me back . It took hours and hours to do all that chat Bot communication 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks. I checked, the number isn’t blocked.  I received all nine call back confirmations as texts. I’m post paid. I did not understand the proration part and gave now had a live person respond in Facebook to explain that,two whole days later. The data usage graph stayed at the 2732 MB rate not the new plans rate which would be 2/3 if 3GB and 1/3 of 8GB so about 5GB . He very well have burnt through that amount of data but from reading the usage graph it looked Like it wasn’t updated . My main bug bear was we had a data crisis where we would have paid for 15GB if we understood proration if only someone would have contacted me back . It took hours and hours to do all that chat Bot communication 

So you had 3GB before hand and switched to an 8GB plan with about 1/3 of your month left?

If so you would've only gotten 1/3 of the 8GB or about 2600-2700MB to use from the time you changed your plan until the end of your billing cycle which sounds like the 2732MB that was reflected in your selfserve account so that all checks out.

Things like video calls can take up A LOT of data so it could've easily been burned through quick.

In reference to the wait, anytime in the future that you need help you can try messaging us here first, we can usually help out pretty quick or flag a rep who can help out pretty quick as well.

Thanks Allan M . He had used very little of his data before going . But I suspect now the data he used was the amount the change in plan added to his total data. My issue is the inability to get a call back. My Koodo Facebook rep has tried to be helpful for quite a long time today. She got me to update my phone’s software, take out the SIM, reset network etc. I did everything on the list and tried to get a call back.  No success. Got a friend to call to ensure that was working.  I’m at a loss and my fb Koodo rep hasn’t replied in over an hour. I’ll ask here again but the mystery remains. Either Koodo’s call back service is having problems or something is wrong with my settings but we can’t figure it out