Koodo Community
Question

$50 Bonus Gift

• 5 December 2013
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 3
I activated 2 new Koodo phones(Moto g) this past weekend on 1 new account from The Mobility Shop/PC. Would I be correct to conclude that I should be expecting 2 x $50 Bonus.gifts if my account is in good standing 6-8weeks from now.

61 replies

Userlevel 4
As long as both are new activations, not upgrades, then yes. Keep the bills up to date and you will get the.gift
Userlevel 3
Yes they are both new activations. I moved my wife and I from Bell to Koodo. We figured it was the best time to do it, and move up to smart phones, from our old Samsung flip phones with Bell. Thanks for the answer.
Userlevel 6
Yes they are both new activations. I moved my wife and I from Bell to Koodo. We figured it was...You should have received those.gift cards at the time of the purchase. Did you not?
Userlevel 4
Yes they are both new activations. I moved my wife and I from Bell to Koodo. We figured it was...Copied from site... •Free $50 bonus.gift when you buy at participating Koodo Shops or Retail partner locations. Only available with new activations on the Tab. Bonus.gift will be mailed 6-8 weeks after activation if account is in good standing. While quantities last.
Userlevel 3
I received.gift cards from TMS for groceries from PC, nothing from Koodo. The Koodo page clearly states a $50 BONUS.gift will be sent 6-8 wks after activation. I am expecting to receive 2 x BONUS.gifts from Koodo. "Free $50 bonus.gift when you buy at participating Koodo Shops or Retail partner locations. Only available with new activations on the Tab. Bonus.gift will be mailed 6-8 weeks after activation if account is in good standing. While quantities last."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I received.gift cards from TMS for groceries from PC, nothing from Koodo. The Koodo page clearl...If you received.gift cards from TMS, I don't think you will receive.gift cards from Koodo.
Userlevel 3
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in good standing 6-8 wks later. PC.gift cards are a discount on the purchase from PC/TMS. Nothing to do with Koodo IMO.
Userlevel 4
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...We will have to wait an see over the next couple of months. The wording on the site clearly states a time period, not being immediate. I hope you get them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...When I bought/activated a phone from Retail partner ( Future Shop), I received a Futureshop.gift card. (No bonus.gift from Koodo) When I bough/activatedt a phone from Koodo,I received a visa.gift card. I thought you will receive it from either or. (Not from both.)
Userlevel 6
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...The 6-8 weeks reference is to people buying from the koodo website, although I can see the how one might be confused. All others get the.gift card up front. Future Shop give you future shop.giftcards. By the same token it has nothing to do with koodo either. 🙂 That is why they say "bonus.gift will vary by store location" as per the koodo website.
Userlevel 3
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...I'm not the one confused........ 🙂 Nowhere does it state "bonus.gift will vary by store location"
Userlevel 5
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...I think their only if you buy it online.
Userlevel 1
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...Hold on Bill. Koodo uses "agents" that they refer to as "partners" to sell Koodo products and services. Would it not stand to reason that you have already collected your bonus.gift, from one OR the other?
Userlevel 2
It would be very, very wrong if I don't. PC.gift cards are not "Bonus.gifts" for an acct in go...Yup. It's not a.gift card from the retailer & from Koodo. He's already ready received it and is under the impression that he's supposed to be getting more.
Userlevel 3
I'll update this thread 8 weeks from now............ 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hi Bill, Chris is right! The bonus.gift is given during the activation. The.gift varies on the store (usually a.gift card or in-store credit for accessories) and it's up to the retail partner to provide it. The "Bonus.gift will be mailed 6-8 weeks after activation if account is in good standing" mentioned on our website applies to phones purchases online on the webstore. It does state "While quantities last”, which could explain why they didn't give a.gift card or bonus.gift at The Mobile Shop. If you wish to get more information, you would need to go back to this store and inquire about it. Thank you and welcome to Koodo Mobile! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 3
I just called Koodo CSR and they confirmed that I will be getting my 2 x $50 bonus.gift cards in the mail 6-8 weeks from now, in addition to my PC.gift cards. The Koodo "Bonus".gift cards have NOTHING to do with the TMS or any other retailer promotion. It is a Koodo campaign to enlist new clients. Very disappointed with you Yannick, for offering misleading information while having a title "employee"....... Chris was obviously confused, so I'll let him off the hook. 🙂
Userlevel 5
I just called Koodo CSR and they confirmed that I will be getting my 2 x $50 bonus.gift cards in ...There is no need to be "disappointed" in Yannick because he is not offering misleading information purposely. I don't think you need to have that attitude when people are trying to help you with your issue. Normally, whenever there are "$50 bonus.gift", it can be many things. If you purchase at a Koodo shop, you will normally receive VISA.giftcards and in store credit for accessories. If you purchase from another source like Futureshop or Bestbuy, they usually offer you their own.gift cards, rather than VISA prepaid.gift cards. Normally, the.gift cards you receive will vary from stores and normally you do not receive 2 bonus.gift cards (in this case, VISA and PC).
Userlevel 6
I just called Koodo CSR and they confirmed that I will be getting my 2 x $50 bonus.gift cards in ...Sorry to read that I disappointed you, Bill, I'm here to help! You'll find the Terms and Conditions of this offer on this link: http://koo.do/Iv0s51. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 1
I just called Koodo CSR and they confirmed that I will be getting my 2 x $50 bonus.gift cards in ...Congrats on the Moto G purchase Bill. I've had mine for a week now and hope your as happy with your, as I am with mine.
Userlevel 3
I just called Koodo CSR and they confirmed that I will be getting my 2 x $50 bonus.gift cards in ...Thanks!!! This thing is just fantastic!!!! It's my first smart phone, and I can now appreciate what all the hype is about. Whatever the outcome with the cards, I'll still be pleased that I made the purchase, and switched to Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"Free $50 bonus.gift when you buy at participating Koodo Shops or Retail partner locations" TMS is the Retail partner. They gave you a.gift card. Is it say " Koodo Shops OR Retail partner "? I strongly believe that Yannick didn't give you the misleading information.
Userlevel 3
Thank you all for your input. I will wait and see, then report back as I mentioned earlier. Until then......Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Userlevel 7
Just letting you know it's $100 in PC.gift cards now, so you should go back and get your price matched. Which location did you buy it from? That "bonus.gift" is $50 from Koodo if purchased online OR whatever the equivalent is at a retail partner like us at TMS but they don't stack! I didn't get both PC.gift cards and Visa cards from Koodo when I bought a Nexus 4 earlier this year. It's one or the other, my friend.
Userlevel 3
Thanks Jonathan, I might call the (Lindsay)location I purchased it from, and make the request for the additional $25 card. I purchased the 2nd phone from another location(Bradford), because the first location couldn't get me another one. All the TMS stores were hoarding them, and wouldn't transfer them. Buggers!!! Unfortunately, the second location is just to far for me to go again for the $25 card, as It would be $15 in gas 😞 Are you sure it's $150 with 4 x $25.gift cards? Or have they increased it to $200 with 4 x $25 cards??? FWIW......I don't think the first location will give me the extra $25 PC card, because I bought the first phone during the 'No Tax event", which they'll probably say I'll have to pay, since the "No Tax event" is over....... Might not even be worth my time to call. All in all I'm happy. I got 2 Moto G's for: 1st: $150 no tax - 3 x $25.gift cards. Net cost $75 (paid in full) 2nd: $150+$19.50 tax - 3 x $25.gift cards. Net cost $94.50 (paid in full) Grand Total for 2 phones $169.50 or $84.75 each including tax. + Double Data and Double Minutes Promo + BYOP plan additional 10% off. How does it get any better????? If/when I get the "Bonus.gifts"........ this will be an outrageously, ridiculous, super deal. ps......Good to know you are in Aurora. If I need something in the future, I'll let you know. (if that's ok?) Bill (Beaverton)