Koodo Community

Community

Solved

2GB Data Cap? Needs improvement.

2GB of data is not enough for some people who rely on their phones for work, home and social. I'm tired of getting charged a ridiculous amount of money for overages...other companies have higher data cap packages....why don't you?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo just increased their Data Saver to include 3gb for $30. Check out the plans, it came into effect yesterday

Userlevel 1
Koodo is also a discount brand, if anything, so the higher data caps would not be available. Koodo is residential, not business. Have you tired using wifi for the larger data use scenerios? Kid Android, thank you for posting the pic. I totally forgot about the new data saver 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

Koodo is also a discount brand, if anything, so the higher data caps would not be available. Ko...

NP 😉 I think ppl don't realize that they're on a discount service provider. You shouldn't need more than 3gb of Data on your phone when you can connect to wifi when your home & half the places you go now days. If you need more data go to one of the big 3
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

Koodo is also a discount brand, if anything, so the higher data caps would not be available. Ko...

On my way to work (10 minutes walk) I hit at least 5 - 7 wifi spots. All of them are open. Timmies, Mcd's, a few local stores and a (ugh) Starbucks. I got a 1gb limit right now and due to all that access, I use maybe 200 mb tops per month.
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

You're lucky... Some people in my area look at you with question marks in their eyes when you say "wifi", lol!
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

Hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

I hear you Topper, in Utopia where I grew up you couldn't get cable or Internet till a few years ago & it's only through satellites. I'm glad I live in a little town now with wifi in every house & at every business & library, it's a huge difference for a country boy lol
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

@Kid: Hehehe.. Back in 2000, I got my first DSL plan (was on dialup from 1996 to 2000). It was a glourious day when Bell left a note on my door knob announcing availability of its DSL High Speed (back then) service. Then I had relatives whine that it wasn't "needed" and that dialup was just right, and that disconnecting from the net to place a phone call was actually a good thing since it finally gave me a reason to disconnect. Also, back then, many folks couldn't tell a computer apart from a game console and just bought PS1's or Gamecubes when their kids asked for computers, lol! Those were the days :oP And in 2002 I got my first cell phone, a Samsung SPH-A520... I was mesmerized by the fishtank animated wallpaper, lol!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

The big thing that was on cellphones when I got my first one was the snake game. That was pretty much to extent of gaming you got on the black & grey screen lol. I think coming from those days to now is what has me memorized by mobile tech. I catch myself just staring at my phone thinking I would never of imagined things like this ever being possible in my lifetime knowing what cell phones were originally. I mean my phone (Galaxy Note II) has more processing power in it then most ppls Computers & it fits in my damn pocket, it's incredible. I'm hooked lol.
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

What makes me feel old everytime is when I realize that my first PC had 1024KBs of RAM! Yup, that's 1 megabyte, as in "are you kidding me"... A roaring 80386SX with a 40MB HDD... God I loved to play Prince of Persia on this thing! All the way back in 1991, a year before high school. I had a Commodore Vic20 before that (hooked to the same 13" CRT TV I used to play NES on!)
Userlevel 2
Starfox wrote:

Haha I feel you, my first Computer was a Commodore 64, I remember having to load multiple 5¼ floppy discs just to play 5 mins of the most rudimentary 2D games. I think it had 64KB of ram and had a processor right around 1mhz. I'm 27 so this isn't even that long ago really, maybe 1987-1988.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

My first video game system /computer was an Atari & I'm not talking the video game system,I forget the model # but this thing used cassettes like audio cassettes but had computer code on the cassettes. I spent hours playing a game called Marvins Castle that I'd love to find again, that & pole position. I thought it was so cool when I seen a Commodore 64 for the fist time & played QBert & that game with the caveman on the wheel made of rock, BC I think it was called. Anybody else remember playing that settler game in school on those crappy computers with the blue screen & the big track ball? what were those computers called & that game?
Userlevel 2
Starfox wrote:

The only Commodore 64 game I remember well was the Winter Olympics, played that sh!t for hours lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

Is that the one that had ski jumping? I frigging played that one for wayyy to long also, I still play ski jumping games all the time & it brings back some damn good memories lol. Anybody else have the Glove or Robot for the original Nintendo? The power glove was so hyped, Jimmy get the star, Get the star Jimmy lol
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

OMG I wanted that PowerGlove so bad, when I finally got one I was soooooo deeply underwhelmed by its awkward performance that I threw a temper tantrum right there. It got taken away from me and back to the store and I did not get something else because of my behaviour. Lesson learned... But the glove did suck for real though! Most useless piece of equipment I ever laid my hands on. That, and the VirtualBoy I bought in 1995...
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

Oh no not again... We talked about the PowerGlove and now I'm on eBay checking out used gloves (and I don't even have a NES anymore)... It won't end well...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

lol Sorry hahaha
Userlevel 6
Starfox wrote:

It's always like this. Whenever I talk/write/read about childhood nostalgia, minutes later I find myself roaming eBay... Time for an Intervention!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

BC's quest for tires, produced by Sierra, who created some of my favourite games of all time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

Haha yesss thanks Timo as if you knew what I was talking about. somebody needs to port that game to Android for sure.