Koodo Community
Question

$28 Canada-Wide plan bonus minutes unfair relative to other plans

• 19 December 2012
  • 12 replies

Why does the Canada-Wide $28 plan only get 25 bonus minutes, while the $25 plan gets 50 bonus minutes, and the $38 plan gets 100 bonus minutes? Seems like the $28 plan is getting a disproportionately smaller # of bonus minutes relative to the other plans... seems out of balance.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Yup, sure does. Guess Koodo really wants that extra 5 bucks 😉
Userlevel 6
You get over 2000 extra minutes on the $28 plan. The evening clock starts at 5pm vs. 7pm on the $25.
Hi Genie, I though that this disproportionately is relatively reliated with the plans prices and marketing. I suggest you to make a proposal or comments to the Koodo Mobile team by contacting us there > http://koodomobile.com/en/on/contact.shtml . Thank you 😉
Userlevel 5
Because if it was more, then it would be a better deal than the $30/month plan if you don't need data but more talk minutes?
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 daytime minutes, voicemail, call display, canada-wide long distance) for LESS ($25 v.s. $28) while offering MORE daytime minutes (150 v.s. 125). I was about to switch from Chatr to Koodo.... but Fido is looking like the better option right now.
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...As long as coverage isn't an issue for you, then ya, I'd probably switch to fido as well. Telus and koodo does have superior coverage over all though compared to Rogers/chatr/fido.
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...That and the fido plan lacks Canada wide calling.
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...Actually, the Fido promo plan does include canada-wide long distance (and no activation fee). It's a limited time special... probably until Dec 31, I would guess.
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...So you're right, I missed that because they have two 25 dollars plans right next to each other.
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...Though in reading the fine print, you have to commit to a 2 year contract to get the free activation. That would be a deal breaker for me. EDIT: as well as the free first month
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...LOL, I don't get why ANY company (whether it's cellphones, internet, cable, etc.) would charge an activation fee... you'd think they'd just be grateful to get your business! Sigh
Fido is offering an identical plan (unlimited text, unlimited voice after 5pm + weekends, 150 day...Virgin mobile matched the fido plan as well, check their website