Koodo Community
Question

12Gb for $60 problem

• 14 September 2019
  • 11 replies

I've received the promo text from Koodo and it says I can get 8gb/$50 or 12gb/$60 when I upgrade my phone in self serve and that this promo ends on Sept 28.

So I did that, but I don't see any option of those deals when given the option of changing plans. What should I do?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does it specify the phones that those plans are eligible with?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Ian Mendoza When you say you "upgrade your phone" you do mean purchasing a new one, right? Typically those offers are conditioned on buying a new device.
This is what they sent me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you buy a new phone?
Did you buy a new phone?

Back in May 2019 on the small tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you buy a new phone?Back in May 2019 on the small tab.

You're gonna have to upgrade as well. If it was within 15 days it would be easy ti get it done but I'm pretty sure koodo's gonna say that's too far back to count for this promo. Though I suppose you could request a call back and see if they will do it.

Did you buy a new phone?Back in May 2019 on the small tab.
You're gonna have to upgrade as well. If it was within 15 days it would be easy ti get it done but I'm pretty sure koodo's gonna say that's too far back to count for this promo. Though I suppose you could request a call back and see if they will do it.

What's the point of them texting me and why does Koodo make these deals so hard to get lol.
I'm guessing I have to pay off the tab to get another phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm guessing I have to pay off the tab to get another phone?
Yes. It's kinda odd you got that message when you purchased a phone on May. Usually you get thee kind of SMSs when you're about to finish paying your current phone. Did you upgrade early by any chance?

I'm guessing I have to pay off the tab to get another phone?Yes. It's kinda odd you got that message when you purchased a phone on May. Usually you get thee kind of SMSs when you're about to finish paying your current phone. Did you upgrade early by any chance?

Prior to getting the phone back in may I only had a regular 6gb plan with unused tab credits for the past 3 years
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It just uses an algorithm based on various parametres and fires off promos. I got the 10gb for 15 data add-on and legit got an offer for 10gb for 14 add-on recently. First good offer I ever got.

I figure that it should at least offer something off what's left od the tab if you're gonna get an upgrade 4-5 months in.