34 replies

Robert wrote:

Yes, how can we help you?

Can i travel international with my phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Yes, how can we help you?

Yes you can travel with your phone, where do you want to travel to? I suggest starting a new thread for more help! 

Click here : New Post
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Seeing those faces overlap some of theirs is a little disturbing. What's that about?

Anonymity?!?

Userlevel 4
Congratulations Chadwick on becoming a Mobile Master!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JeremyESQ wrote:

Congratulations Chadwick on becoming a Mobile Master!

Thx Jeremy!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophie Anastasia Rutter wrote:

Hey, I've got a question for a mobile master!

What's up Sophie?
Userlevel 7
Ben Coles wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active and don't yet have the Marshmallow update. I can't find anythin...

You can take a look at Koodo's update schedule here:
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/upcoming-software-updates

The S5 active isn't listed to be getting any updates soon though...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
eric wrote:

Hey guys! I have been a Koodo customer for less than a month now, and all of a sudden, my Samsung...

Please toggle airplane mode on and off and then back on. Then try rebooting. Make sure airplane mode wasn't accidentally turned on
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
diane wrote:

Hello please can somebody help me

Please post your question here.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new

We need more info to help you.
diane wrote:

I am with Koodoo and would like to upgrade to a new phone, but I want to first save all my data on the pc. My current phone is a nexus 4. I understand the correct way is quite simple, I have gone to settings, storage, checked the MTP.
But my PC doesn't recognise it so I then check the Camera PTP, the computer recognises it and there is a dcim folder, I clicked that and it just has my pictures in there, that's all no videos no media no saved chats.
The problem is my PC does not recognise the MTP Media so I cannot transfer everything from my Nexus 4 onto the PC, this is delaying me from getting a new phone which I want because I need peace of mind that all is saved from this phone.
Please help
Thanks
diane wrote:

diane wrote:

The pc only recognises it if the camera is checked 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
diane wrote:

Do you have a google account? You can use google photo to save your pics.

I use app called "Send anywhere" to transfer all my photo to my pc.
It use WIFI to do it and easy and quick.
diane wrote:

I have no problem saving my pics, i have transferred them already via the camera, as i have said i cannot get the pc to recognise the media. i have documents saved chats and other media i want to save. Please help
diane wrote:

I have no problem saving my pics, i have transferred them already via the camera, as i have said i cannot get the pc to recognise the media. i have documents saved chats and other media i want to save. Please help
diane wrote:

I want to save everything on my phone to the PC, not just pics. Please Please can you help. Pics are already saved, very simply with the camera checked but as i repeat i want to save the media - media as in documents, pdfs, media via whats app, and other important things, but until my pc recognises the MTP i cannot save this.
Badge +4
diane wrote:

Try uploading your documents, saved media and pdf files to Dropbox or Google Drive. You can download the app right to your phone and select which items you want to upload. Once the files are on Dropbox or Google drive, you'll be able to download them back to your computer. Google Drive https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs&hl=en Dropbox https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en As for the Nexus 4's connectivity issue, are you using the original USB cable that came with your Nexus 4? Have you tried using other USB ports to see if your computer will recognize your Nexus 4? Which version of Windows are you using?
diane wrote:

Thanks for replying. The dropbox sounds good, but if my pc wont recognise anything but the camera, im not sure how this will work, i also want to save all my whasapp chats, i have archived them on my phone. 
I am using the original cable that came with the phone & i did try other USB ports even though i guessed it wouldnt be the USB port becuase when pluggiung phone in, it does recognise camera and i can download pics from the phone. I am using 8.1 windows. Thanks again for replying and trying to help me with this frustrating problem 🙂
Badge +4
diane wrote:

Keep your Nexus 4 plugged in to the USB port. Navigate to: Control Panel > Device Manager on your PC. At the top of the device tree you may see 'ACER Device'. Double click on that and there should be a sub-directory or component named 'ACER Composite ADB Interface'. Right click on that and select “Update Driver Software”.

Select, 'Browse my computer for driver software' then select, 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'. Make sure the checkbox labelled 'Show compatible hardware' is check marked. Select 'MTP USB Device' (not Google Nexus ADB Interface).

The Device Manager tree should update automatically and will create a new directory called Portable Devices. The Nexus 4 should now be visible when you double click on this new directory or it may appear automatically.

Reboot your computer to allow the changes to the registry to be saved. After your computer reboots, you should be able to transfer files and your computer should recognize your Nexus 4 as an MTP device from here on in. Keep us posted.
diane wrote:

Hello I did those steps & the message came up that all drivers were up to date 😞
Can see this is not going to be easy.
The guy at the mobile shop that sells koodoo phones was baffled too & had no clue..
diane wrote:

The only thing i did not see when following these steps was inever saw this checkbox that you describe

Make sure the checkbox labelled 'Show compatible hardware' is check marked. Select 'MTP USB Device'
diane wrote:

couldnt find it, i have win 8.1

diane wrote:

I believe this is what you are trying to explain to me & am now going to see if it works. Thanks again.. fingers crossed.
http://www.howtogeek.com/195607/how-to-get-your-android-device-to-show-up-in-file-explorer-if-it-isn...
diane wrote:

[b]YES it works !!!!
Nexus 4 device AND all my media now show on the pc all ready to copy!!!!!
Thanks for putting me on the right track, i didnt fully understand so i looked on line and this link with pictures really helped an amateur like myself.
So yesss off to the store next week to buy a Samsung Neo.
If anybody wants to buy a NEXUS 4 contact me, as soon as this data gets wiped off the phone will be up for sale :o)))

Userlevel 3
diane wrote:

Thanks for the above link diane. Wife & I recently replaced our old Galaxy Aces with S5Neos. Havn't tried to xfr stuff between new phones & PC's yet , but (just in case of problems) this info will be a great help.
Cheers, SG.