won't receive calls

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Samsung galaxy 4s hasn't been receiving calls for 2 days now, just goes straight to voice mail. I can make calls and send/receive texts. Just no incoming calls. No recent changes to phone or plan, and balance is up to date.
Photo of Steph


  • 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

  • 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Have you restarted the phone?
Photo of Steph


  • 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

  • 9,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Try doing a quick power reset.  Turn the phone off, take out your battery and SIM card for 90 seconds, put them back in and power up the phone.  I've been seeing this happen lately over the last 3 or 4 days with some of my Koodo S4 customers and this has solved the issue 85% of the time.  The other 15% had to buy a new SIM and when they did a SIM Swap it started working.
Photo of BobTheElectrician


  • 67,558 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
An alternative to the Jru solution above--- the double whammy.

Take out the SIM and battery, wait ten minutes then just put the battery in and restart. Of course, you will get the no SIM message, but it should also flush any SIM info from the system .Shut down.

Take out the battery, wait ten minutes then put back the battery and SIM and restart.

Your phone is then forced to start from zero with the "new" SIM.
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

  • 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Steph! Are you able to receive your calls now? Keep us in the loop!
Photo of Steph


  • 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi, thanks everyone! Problem solved - turns out some numbers were inadvertently added to my auto-reject list. Adjusted the settings for that (phone-settings-call - auto-reject reject), and those calls came through again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.