With the $5/100MB pay per use plan what happens to the portion of the 100 not used?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
With the $5/100MB pay per use plan what happens to the portion of the 100 not used? Does one get charged $5 for 1-100 MB usage or is it $0.05 per MB? or something in between?
Photo of Zana Nesbitt

Zana Nesbitt

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You'll get charged the full $5 for any amount of data up to 100MB, be it 1MB or 99.
Photo of Zana Nesbitt

Zana Nesbitt

Interesting that the very experienced clerk said she did not know that.    That is what I was afraid of.     Guessing now she did not want to share that info.

Thank you very much for the answer.
Photo of Zana Nesbitt

Zana Nesbitt

Thank you again Sophia.     If I use less than 100MB do the unused MBs expire?     That is if I used 40MB initially do I have access to the remaining MBs later, would what ever may be left over after the second session still be available until used up. 
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sadly, on postpaid any unused data doesn't carry over to the next billing cycle. In other words, it resets each first day of the new billing cycle and then you'll have another 100MB again.
Photo of Zana Nesbitt

Zana Nesbitt

Thank you again for the information I could not get locally .    $5 is not a great sum but knowing how this works is.   I do appreciate your time and trouble in dealing with my questions.