Will we see the galaxy note II on Koodo ?

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not Planned
Hey !

I wanted to know if anyone knew if we will ever be able to buy the Galaxy note II with koodo, since it's a really great phone and I would like to get it,

But I don't want to pay it the full price and then get to koodo with it, and don't want to change from koodo either, since it's cheaper than others and have a better service actually.
Photo of Lévy LeBlanc

Lévy LeBlanc

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Most likely not. The S III took them a long time to get as it is (and only the blue colour so far), so the Note II is a longshot. Honestly your best bet is to buy the international model (Like Kid Android does) from someone online for a bit cheaper.
Photo of Sunny Daisy

Sunny Daisy

• 1,178 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
if it unlocked and you really want it, purchase it and you can get a discount on your monthly bill, and save your tab for the next really cool phone.
Photo of Lévy LeBlanc

Lévy LeBlanc

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Too bad... I saw people selling note II on kijiji for 450$ . I guess it would be worth it, but i'll stick to my s2x for now. It's still really good, except they're not giving us the JB update
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
$450 for a Note II is a sweet price! Just take it and sell your S II X to make up some of the cost. Remember that the Note II is still retailing for over $700 on Rogers/Bell/Telus.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 196,508 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have the factory unlocked version of the Note 2 and absolutely love it, if your going to get the Note 2 it's definitely the way to go as you'll get many more updates and alot sooner. The carrier branded version has been updated once since it's release while I've got about 8 updates already, 2 being fairly big updates and the others being stability improvement updates but still feels great to get so many of them ;-)
Anyways I don't see the Galaxy Note 2 coming to Koodo with them getting the Galaxy S4 which has a 5" display anyways which will appeal to more ppl than the 5.5" of the Note 2. Plus the S4 brings alot of the features of the Note 2 but without the need to use the S-Pen which is way way better because you don't need to pull out the pen each time you want to use the hover features and stuff it will be much much better. If I were you I'd think about waiting for the Galaxy S4 if you want to buy a phone from Koodo but if you really want the Note 2 it's still cheaper to pay full price for the Factory unlocked model from an online retailer like expansys or Newegg and take advantage of Koodo's great deals on service then get the phone cheaper and pay more over the period of a contract from another company, trust me I've don't the #s and it's much much cheaper. the phone pays for its self very quickly.
Photo of Don

Don

• 6,586 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The S pen is still the edge that made me go with the N2 over the HTC. Big guys have hard time pressing on super small icons and links on mobile internet browsers.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 196,508 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ya but at the same time I hate having to pull out the S-Pen just to use the hover features, I would rather be able to just hover my finger to use those functions. At the same time I wouldn't want to give up my S-Pen it's self as I'd feel lost without it after having the original Note and now the Note 2 I've grown extremely attached to it. I hope the Galaxy Note 3 implements the hover features through both the S-Pen, and just a finger like they've done with the Galaxy S4. I just hope they don't make it any bigger than the Note 2 because it's the perfect size, the original Note was slightly too wide and wasn't comfortable to use with one and especially after a case was on it.
Photo of Don

Don

• 6,586 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I agree, that would be cool to have the screen to detect the fingers like the S pen does, BUT, I am still adicted to the S-Pen and I missed this feature since the Palm Pilots O.o
Photo of Marcus Fenix

Marcus Fenix

• 15,752 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Why don't people realize that Koodo/companies will almost never give away what phones are coming out until there's an announcement?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.