will koodo have nokia lumia 625?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

how come koodo still don't have nokia lumia 625? its a budget phone no?
Photo of Yue Tu

Yue Tu

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 139,982 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Probably because almost nobody bought the last 2 budget windows phones they carried.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The first one is understandable, I don't know why the Lumia 610 ever existed. But do you have any figures for the 520? My local shops told me they were selling quite well. It's been quite a popular phone sales-wise worldwide.

Sometimes I wonder if sales associates actually talk to the customer who's upgrading, or if they just let the customer choose with no advice. Maybe that's why the Ace 2X sells - customers just go with the Samsung brand. I'd bet that the Ace is outselling the far superior Moto G, but that's just speculation on my part.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gift cards.... those damn gift cards.....
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yup, damn gift cards. I try to sell honestly, and the Moto G is leaps and bounds better but people see "Samsung" and "$100 in gift cards" and jump on it. It actually makes for an easy sell; I would never deny the customer what they want. I try to educate people before they pick a phone but if they don't listen, they'll know their mistake soon enough...
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I've seen it with my own eyes at our local kiosk Jonathan. People literally trip over themselves for this. They're always like "But this one comes with a GC right?" and you see the rep saying "Yes, yes it does. But this phone over offers MUCH better performance for the same price." only to be replied with "But what about the GC then?".... It's really painful to watch.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't make financial sense to carry windows phones when your a smaller carrier as Windows only holds 3% market share worldwide and as such your going to have trouble selling your minimum order of stock even.
If you want a Windows phone you can always bring an unlocked model of your choosing to Koodo and that will give you the option of possibly getting a 10% discount on your plan (as long as you don't owe anything on the tab)
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I fully disagree with that. At one point Android held 3% of the global market share. Should carriers not have offered it then? And considering that other "smaller" carriers (in quotation marks because Koodo/Fido/Virgin are wholly-owned subsidiaries of our telecom giants) offer WP8 devices, that argument holds no water with me. The only truly small carrier in my area (WIND) also offers WP8 devices.

Why would someone grab that phone from Fido and then bring it to Koodo when the prices are identical? Why bother with it?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.