Will Koodo customers benefit from Bell's 700mhz LTE?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a Nexus 5 on Koodo in Toronto, and I often get really bad indoor LTE coverage, as well as a few dead 3G spots here and there. When I moved to Koodo from Wind, I expected a much stronger signal where Wind suffered, but surprisingly, they both suffer in almost the same places.

It is my understanding that Telus' 700mhz bands are not found in many phones today, and is certainly not found in my Nexus 5, but the bands that Bell seems to be rolling out are. I was wondering, will I get to benefit from Bell's LTE upgrades since Bell and Telus share the same network? I'm really hoping it won't be a Bell exclusive band.
Photo of hasssm9

hasssm9

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,726 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bell and Telus share the same towers, not the same network.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You say that you get bad and no coverage indoors well really that may never change with any provider as we all experience it in many different buildings especially stores and malls.
Photo of hasssm9

hasssm9

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
That isn't true. My friends on Rogers enjoy full bars in most of the locations where my phone struggles to maintain a koodo connection.

I understand there are physical limitations to building penetration, but Rogers seems to have figured out their coverage for most of Toronto.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.