Will CDMA EVDO 800/1900MHz cell phone work at koodo network?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Will CDMA EVDO 800/1900MHz cell phone work at koodo network? it's a unlocked HTC cell phone.
I tried to use IMEI to verify, didn't able to get and answer...
Photo of starnebula

starnebula

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If the cdma phone was not a koodo phone it can not be used with koodo. Because of the way the phone works, it can not be unlocked.

If it happens to have a sim card slot, you can try going to a kiosk and asking to use a tester sim card to see of your phone will function. But if there is no sim slot then the answer is no.
Photo of starnebula

starnebula

thanks Chad!
it comes with sim card slot
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

What phone is it?
Photo of starnebula

starnebula

it's a HTC
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

What model HTC. For instance I have a BlackBerry Z10, A Samsung Galaxy s2x

If you're not sure there should be a sticker under the battery on the phone or you can go to settings / about phone
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sounds like you have one of the older "world traveler" CDMA phones. Those came with a SIM slot for international roaming (no CDMA networks in Europe for example). In most cases, the GSM radios inside the phone were 2G only. If this is the case, the phone would not be compatible with Koodo as Rogers/Fido operate the only 2G GSM network in Canada.
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,458 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This could be an indian phone "HTC Desire Vc Dual Sim CDMA + GSM" CDMA 2000 (800MHz), EVDO Rev.A:
GSM/GPRS Triband (900/1800/1900 MHz)
Dual SIM: CDMA + GSM
Photo of Steve Silirani

Steve Silirani

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I also have the HTC DESIRE 328d-HTC Desire Vc Dual Sim CDMA + GSM" CDMA 2000 (800MHz), EVDO Rev.A: GSM/GPRS Triband (900/1800/1900 MHz)
Dual SIM: CDMA + GSM. However I have seen that HTC DESIRE 600c also has cdma specs like the htc 328d. Are there any new newer models of CDMA?
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,084 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Steve,

CDMA networks are in the process of or have already been shut down, depending on which carrier your with, so there's really not much of a selection or a need for CDMA devices. The specs listed for the 600c would not be compatible with Koodo's network. Koodo operates on 850/1900 MHz for their HSPA networks and 1700/2100 (AWS) for LTE.
Photo of Steve Silirani

Steve Silirani

Rik,

Thanks for the feedback. I am in Malawi where we are still using CDMA 2000 on 800mhz frequency.We will soon migrate to 4G/LTE
Photo of Steve Silirani

Steve Silirani

Malawi is in Central Africa

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.