Will the new iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X be available on Koodo?

• Article
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
As Apple announced the upcoming launch of iPhone 8, iPhone 8s Plus and the iPhone X, we wanted to let the Koodo Community know that these devices will be available for pre-order and purchase from Koodo. 

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus: Pre-order will begin on Friday September 15, and the devices will be available for purchase, online and in-store, as of Friday September 22. 

iPhone X: Pre-order will begin on Friday October 27, and the device will be available for purchase, online and in-store, as of Friday November 3.

More details will be available on koodomobile.com in the coming days, but you can reference our FAQ page for more details in the meantime: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/pre-ordering-your-phone

Pre-order for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will begin at 3:00am Eastern on Friday September 15.

[UPDATE]
Pre-order for the iPhone X will begin at 3:00am Eastern, on Friday October 27
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 25,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
  • Excited

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes! iPhone X shall be mine!

I am going to have to sell at least one kidney for what Apple is charging, but hey.....it's totally worth it to send my wife an animated poop emoji......lol.
(Edited)
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 80,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just curious, Cory. Which organ will you sell next year!
Photo of Cory

Cory

Not sure. Maybe my appendix. Who needs it? Lol
(Edited)
Photo of Elizabeth Kirsch

Elizabeth Kirsch

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sell bone marrow.  It grows back.
Photo of Cory

Cory

Or just save the organs and get the Note 8 with 99% of the same features. :)
Photo of Cory

Cory

What they should have done is put touch ID on the rear of the phone. Hell, they could have put it behind the Apple logo.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

Actually the first phone Craig picked up had not been unlocked, and asked for a PIN. Same behaviour would have occurred with Touch ID.
Photo of Cory

Cory

Yes. I think it was after a reboot. That's normal, asking for a passcode.
Photo of Cory

Cory

Yes. I think it was after a reboot. That's normal, asking for a passcode.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

Well, I guess I can happily state that you, too, are wrong, as Face ID did not 'fail' but worked as it was supposed to work.

Thanks for providing the clarification.
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,892 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

@Cory Z aren't you an Android user? I'm not surprised that Koodo will offer all iPhones, given that if you don't offer them, you quickly lose access to a sizeable market share.

Yet overlook SONY and skip the 2017 Motorola devices and Koodo/TELUS does not fear a loss of revenue :-O

Photo of Cory

Cory

I just grabbed an HTC U11. It's $829 unlocked right now, and it gets great reviews across the board. Top tier camera and killer audio quality.

Sure, Samsung has more bells and whistles, but they only matter if you need them. Oh yes, and also more $$$.

Anyone wanna buy an unlocked LG G6? Lol
(Edited)
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 25,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
"Do you mind explaining why my MB/SK plan hasn't been taken away?"

Because you've done a stupendous job of remaining anonymous and keeping your personal/account information hidden. Kudos. Otherwise it wouldn't be a question of power - if service terms are being violated, the company has the authority to take action. But need to find you first ;)

With regards to the vigilante vendetta - while the passion is admirable, it may be ill-founded. IMHO. Best of luck this round.
(Edited)
Photo of Name

Name

• 60 Points
Why would I give you my personal information here for you to specifically take away my plan to make a (fake) statement? My information is inside Koodo's systems. My Koodo account is not anonymous. You can be sure that my account has been seen by a lot of Koodo reps. If they aren't taking my plan away, then why would they take anyone's plan? I, and many others have helped MANY people get these special plans, for free -we don't scam people unlike Canadian providers and those selling these plans for a fee. We have never seen anyone's plan get taken away. So maybe try to be a little bit honest on here instead of banning me for telling the truth. If you are being truthful here, why don't you do this: just go onto that computer you are using. Search for customers who are on MB/SK/QC plans but have non-MB/SK/QC numbers or addresses, and then change all of their plans. Is that too difficult? There should be hundreds if not thousands of people who are violating this service terms you speak of. Of course you are not going to do that, because you are being dishonest here, and you would probably get in a lot of trouble with your supervisors because you would lose so many customers. Or you could also simply disable porting non-MB/SK/QC numbers onto MB/SK/QC plans just like Fido, Rogers, Bell, and Virgin Mobile have done. I will be waiting.
(Edited)
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,018 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
what in the world do the messages from "Swish Swish" and "Name" have to do with the new iPhones?  Quit hijacking threads.
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,892 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Agreed with @Jru Gordon

Looks like Swish Swish has been knocked out.

All carriers will offer these iPhones for pre-order and launch. I wonder what Koodo will do differently. Any tab activation discounts? Any exclusive gifts? Already Koodo iPhone users are missing out on wifi calling.

Photo of Michael Boeswald

Michael Boeswald

• 70 Points
what time does the iPhone X pre order start?
Photo of Michael Boeswald

Michael Boeswald

• 70 Points
what time does the iphoneX preorder start @Ranjan
(Edited)
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 135,392 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Most likely the same time as the iphone 8 and 8 plus preorders did.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 25,364 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Michael - I just added an update to the original post above. Pre-order will begin at 3am Eastern, tomorrow morning.