Will Koodo credit me for minutes used telling people they have the wrong number?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
 I just got a Koodo phone and a recycled phone number and have gotten many calls for the previous user of the number using up almost 1 hour of talk time this first billing cycle. This month I need all my minutes allocated and don't need to be charged convincing people the number has been re-assigned. Will Koodo compensate me for these calls and minutes?
Photo of Will Page

Will Page

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,546 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,450 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To add to the answer, I suggest not taking the calls of people you don't know or just limiting it to on minute to minimize the damage.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not taking calls you don't know is a silly concept to me. Anyone could be trying to reach you for a number of reasons.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

This isn't really Koodo's fault, my friend. It's unfortunate but there really isn't a viable # of combinations available for every area code to ensure everyone constantly gets new phone numbers. It's simply easier to recycle them. A workaround solution is to ignore calls from people you don't know and try calling them back either from another phone or use your free evenings/weekends window, if possible.

However if it's really bothering you, Self Serve allows you to change your phone # for free. Maybe you'll find something that is less used (although there's no way to tell).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.