Will a CDMA 850MHz Cell Phone Signal 3G 4G Repeater booster work with my Moto E second generation 4G LTE ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Will a CDMA 850MHz Cell Phone Signal 3G 4G Repeater booster work with my Moto E second generation 4G LTE ? I have no phone coverage at home and would like to get some. Will this work for me ?
Photo of Rhonda McAllister Jody Copeland

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The CDMA network has been shut down in Canada, except for a few small areas where it is to be shut down this year.
Also, if you have no signal at home, there is nothing to boost, so it can’t improve your signal.
Koodo is rolling out Wi-Fi calling through the next few months. If you have a compatible phone, and home Wi-Fi, that might be a better solution.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
All depends on the status of VoWiFi in her area. Cell signal boosters are usually not cheap. Personally, I'd take VoWiFi, but my situation may not be the same.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Except the OP has stated she has satellite Internet, so VoWi-Fi is unlikely to be a satisfactory solution.

If signal is sufficient in some locations to use a cell phone, other options include use of a cellular-linked telephone device, or even Koodo’s home phone. Either would all the placement of the receiving device to be left in a location with strong signal, while answering the phone elsewhere.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

Whoops, that was literally the only hidden reply. I apologize.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

Whoops, that was literally the only hidden reply. I apologize.
Thanks everyone, wifi is not an option. I have crap satellite internet.I called Koodo and they said it would not work for us. 
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

• 4,502 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
1st this, I recommend you call customer service and have then check the coverage on your area before buying any piece of equipment.
Thanks , I called , no luck. Live in a hole LOL
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,058 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Here' the most recent thread on signal boosters. Plenty of info worth considering, provided you get some passable reception outside your home. Check out Rikkster's option of using a yagi directional antenna with the wireless home phone base station.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/home-phone-not-connecting

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/no-reception-with-two-koodo-lines
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Forgrave

Brian Forgrave

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Koodo homephone with the yagi antenna. Buy from / Citywireless.ca. I have used phone setup that way. Can take homephone & use it anywhere. Antenna for tower near your home.
Photo of srlawren

srlawren

• 4,132 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
@Rhonda consider downloading the Telus Network experience app (for Android phones or for iPhones) and reporting the issue that way.  If you have neighbours with the same issue, get them to do it as well.  It's possible the squeaky wheel may get some grease.  No guarantees, but it's worth a try.  Even though it's a Telus app, you should still be able to use it as a Koodo subscriber (also Public Mobile subscribers)