WIFI CALLING - Why don't we have it yet?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
When is Wifi Calling going to be available? We get absolutely 0 service in our apartment, and it's necessary that our phones get service. Why is Telus / Koodo the only provider that doesn't have this feature?!
Photo of Kailene Murray Verropoulos

Kailene Murray Verropoulos

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • sad and frustrated

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,098 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Telus does have wifi-calling,
As a sub-brand Koodo hasn't implemented it yet. They mentioned about it several times, but no official date.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,576 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Just saw bell is coming out with a provider called Lucky mobile and there going to have a app for WiFi calling i was just wondering myself why Koodo don't have it by now they been talking about for a year now and i see Telus was going to have it on the lgg6 i live in a town where the service is very poor hardly any single
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I haven't looked into wifi calling before, does it use your data from your alloted data or is it not counted towards your data allotment in your plan?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,098 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't use data of your plan, but wifi-calling minutes will be taken from your minutes.

Basically, they enable technology to transfer all of your call/text through the wifi and to their phone servers somewhere.

The good thing about wifi calling is: you can use wifi-calling with VPN, so when you are traveling, you enable VPN to a Canadian server, now you can make call as you were in Canada. No roaming charges.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ok thanks Azure I'll have to look into it more, it does sound alot better than what I was thinking it was so I see now why ppl are looking forward to it so much now.
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,356 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
@ Paul Deschamps

Users bring attention to that matter once in a while in a form of the package. WIFI CALLING and VOLTE at the same time. Koodo indirectly have been telling us now that only patience can set us free from complaining about it on this forum.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,576 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I see Fido is now offing WiFi calling on some of there phones including the lgg4 looks like Koodo is falling behind we are almost in 2018 they been testing over a year now how much testing does Koodo need
Photo of Donato Rinaldi

Donato Rinaldi

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I didn’t actually realize how long it takes to test these kind of things...
Photo of jean-luc gaudet

jean-luc gaudet

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
in Quebec koodo is now the only major not offering wifi calling. rogers bell virgin telus and videotron offer wifi calling. i will be out of patience is weeking
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 58,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're allowed to switch if this is something you really want and other carriers have it.
Photo of ShawnB83

ShawnB83

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I heard it is coming this year.