why is the nexus preowned $200 at koodo stores when the website shows $150

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

checked with local Koodo stores for the preowned Nexus 4 at $150 as per the website
Store personnel state it's $200
Photo of Bob Black

Bob Black

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Maybe the price went up and the website wasn't updated or they're misinformed? Show them the website on your phone or have them look it up when you go to the shop. Koodo will have to honor it.
Photo of Bob Black

Bob Black

did that.. clerk was firm on the $200 price..
I'll report this to BB Bureau if no solution appears.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Feel free to do whatever you think is necessary but the BBB can't enforce anything or make Koodo do anything. I would suggest you talk to the store manager. Like Jonathan just said and I'm about to say it, they have to honour it.
Photo of Bob Black

Bob Black

interesting... well if Koodo doesn't enforce good business practices.. thanks for the heads up...
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I love the BBB threats....

Have you even read what Ahmad and Jonathan mentioned about the store having to honour the $150 price?

Pretty sure that is enforcing good business.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
RedFlagDeals forums are full of people reporting clerks refusing sales outright at the advertised price.  (rumor is they're holding onto them for friends/family).

Zaphod Beeblebrox

RFD is just as reliable as Fox News...and the Onion
Your technically both right (sorta). It would be $150 if you wanted to sign up with a Koodo postpaid plan, or to upgrade a Koodo postpaid account that you already have. It might be more if you wanted to buy it for a Prepaid account, or if you were intending to use it with a different carrier than Koodo. IF that is the case, then that's most likely why they are standing firm on the $200.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This probably sounds more correct, as prepaid prices are higher than postpaid prices.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The pre owned Nexus 4 isn't even advertised as available on prepaid so that's why I didn't mention it but that could make sense.
Photo of Steph

Steph

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This one https://shop.koodomobile.com/certifie...

With Bonus $125 offer

Zaphod Beeblebrox

How is even close to a scam when two people have told you that the store has to honour the price you saw online?
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

Koodo doesn't do scams.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Steph, That's the phone he was talking about...

Preowned is not prepaid.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

Then the preowned price would be for postpaid accounts.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Guys, before you trip over yourselves arguing, know that $150 is ALSO the price for prepaid. The first day it was available, it could be ordered from Koodo's website.

Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob, as Ahmad and Jonathan mentioned, you should go back to this store and ask to speak with the manager. The Certified Pre-Owned Nexus 4 does cost $150!. Note that you must activate a new account/subscriber or upgrade though. We also want to check what happened with this store. Can you send us an email: http://koo.do/YqucV0? Please select "Social Media" and don't forget to indicate which store you visited and the name of the representative if you know it. We don't do scams but a misunderstanding can happen sometimes :) Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.