why would I not receive the 0$ offer

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
I have received some great assistance, so would like to thank those who have helped. I am curious though, if anyone has any idea why I would not have received the star to give me the offer for the 0$ essential phone? My husband and I both have a 0$ balance on our tabs from our previous phones, have always been considered 'tab medium'. I really wanted to utilize this offer, but for some reason it's apparently not available to us.
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Azure

Azure

• 19,030 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lovetta,
I don't think normal customers will know why, you would have to call Koodo and ask, they might have the answer.
By the way, what plan do you have right now? how long have you been with Koodo? are you on spending limit program?
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

I do plan to call them, probably tomorrow or monday, just wasn't sure if there might have been some notification I missed about it, and there are some reps in here, so they might know as well.
I have been with Koodo for a long time, 7+ years I would say. I was on a plan that was 49$ for a gig +bonus gig and unlimited everything else. I just switched it to basically the same thing for 45$.
I don't think I am on the spending limit program, I am not even sure what that is.
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

no, definitely not on a spending limit program
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 100,384 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you find out why you were not eligible?
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

No, but now when I log in it's there and shows up for me, plus an extra 50$ off your next bill. We ordered them last night, and paid for them, so I'll call them Monday and see if they will fix it for us
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Whoever handles Koodo site should be canned. Just another screw up on how it works.
If you are with Koodo(and logged in on self serve) the essential phone shows 0 down on medium tab for everybody. The bill credits vary depending on how long you have been with them.

Go through the purchase process and sometimes the zero down shows up as per the offer and sometimes it doesnt(they want $100 down).

Hopefully you get it and some more for your troubles Lovetta.
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

it didnt show up unfortunately, I went all the way through and we ended up paying for them, so I am on the phone right now with them.
Photo of gbssengo

gbssengo

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the exact same issue. Before the $50 credit was introduced, the $100 online only promotion was working fine. I think this conflict is what's causing the issue.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 188,970 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah they should have it fixed hopefully by the end of the day according to Koodo
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

I am on the phone right now and the customer service rep is trying to tell me it is one or the other, the 100$ off the phone or the 50$ credit, I am like no, that's not what the site it saying at all
Photo of gbssengo

gbssengo

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That's not right! Worst case scenario, they should let us choose which promotion to choose. 
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

I was refunded for the price of the phones and the tax but had to email the webstore with pictures to prove to them the ad said 100$ off the phone and a 50$ credit, also when I went through the steps as though going to purchase the phone both showed up, so I sent them the screenshot of that. What a waste of my time, if they just made sure their promotions were launched properly once advertised this whole mess would have been avoided.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 46,964 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could also post a picture of the offer here and a rep may be able to help you out.
Photo of Lovetta Gladney

Lovetta Gladney

I am hoping this is the right picture. But they keep trying to tell me you have to choose the 109$ off the phone OR the 50$ bill credit that you can't apply 2 promotions at the same time. On the site it clearly says + up to 50$ in bill credits. When info through the steps as though I am going to order the phone it shows (the pic in the screenshot) both being applied. I don't understand why they won't believe me when I tell them it is the same promotion and I'm not trying to apply 2. I really wish I hadn't been so eager, and worried that it was just a one or two day deal, and just waited until it was loaded properly on the site and ordered, would have saved me a ton of my time and patience.