Why Won't Koodo answer my calls to *611?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I need help. Over the past month I have called Koodo 7 times to switch my plan, and reduce the charges that keep destroying my wallet, but I have been on hold without one answer for a total of 5 hours and 10 mins of waiting time without one single human voice answering? How is this customer service when I have wasted 5 hours and 10 mins of my life with nothing but crappy music consistently repeating over and over and over? Is this a form of torture that has been made legal and I am unaware of it or does Koodo simply just find it amusing for me to call and sit around wasting my time so they can bend me over and stick it in dry and take all my money for a plan I constantly try to switch.

The best part of it all is the automated voice that continually says "sorry for the wait time, did you know you can find all the answers you are looking for at koodo/selfserve online." 

Guess what.. I signed up for my online Koodo billing to bypass the need to call and it says I will receive a email confirmation when my account has been successfully verified. I have not received one email in regards to this account and Koodo will not allow me to access any part of my account online. Its been over 7 months since I made this account and still has not been verified..

Koodo I am with you because I am loyal but holy christ are you ever testing my patience.

I NEED HELP STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!
Photo of Jonathon A McDowell

Jonathon A McDowell

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • angry, deceived, unwanted, disappointed, unimportant, cheated, terrible, misdirected,

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Mats

Mats

• 18,028 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Try messaging them on facebook or twitter. That also works.

Jonathon A McDowell

dont have social media other than instagram.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 18,028 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can also email them or use the chat bot to request a call back.

https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 192,366 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
EDIT:  Oops sorry I missed the final paragraph.

You can create a dummy twitter account (quite easily with no personal info aside from a login) and dm koodo from there.  Looks like there was an issue with the registration of your self serve account.  This way you can by pass all the calling and waiting.  If you choose not to use social media, then calling is your only other option.  The choice is yours
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,132 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Jonathon: If you still want to call, I would suggest you try to call them earlier like 9am in the morning. You might have picked the worst time to call.

Jonathon A McDowell

So I should probably just quit my job that I work 530am-3pm every day except Sundays?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,702 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
According to the initial post it was a total of 5 hours over seven separate calls.
Jonathon, you do realize that koodo support is open on Sundays, right?
(Edited)

Jonathon A McDowell

Yeah even went to a Koodo kiosk after making this post and the rep told me she couldn't do anything unless I called in so we used her phone at the kiosk and I was on hold for another 46mins until I had to leave . She was surprised and I just told her and showed her my screenshots and she laughed saying she has no idea why they would be ignoring me so long. I will post the screen shots when I'm home of the several different times I've called and you'll be able to see that each time I was on hold from anywhere from 30 mins-2hours . Little ridiculous..
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,132 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I knew it was a total of many calls, that was why I wanted you to look into it and planned ahead. Spending 5 hours on many calls might not be better than a planned 2 hours of waiting and talking.

As you had access to the website, you could also spend 5 minutes to create a facebook account (don't have to use your real name), send a message to Koodo facebook and they will respond to you later. You could also send an email to koodo using the link at the bottom of this page. (Contact Us --> Email us)
(Edited)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 78,076 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Jonathon, there are a few scenarios when changing plans is not possible. It there was a change of plans in the same billing cycle, if there are past due amounts or changing from Tab large plans can only be done after paying outstanding tab amount is paid off. I can't understand why you couldn't get through considering that, at leas from our end lots and lots of people can. Your notifications for when your bill is ready likely are set to SMS if you haven't seen any emails. This can be changed online too if you wish. Is there anything else you still need help with? Happy to look into things further. 
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,750 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I might reading this wrong,but OP said
" I will receive a email confirmation when my account has been successfully verified. I have not received one email in regards to this account and Koodo will not allow me to access any part of my account online. "
So, is this mean OP haven't create his self serve successfully yet?
Thats why he can'tchange his plan since he can't accesshis self serve...?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.