Why is the Nexus 6P $150 for a new customer, and $394 for me as a month-to-month customer?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Kevin Fifield

Kevin Fifield

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Spence

Spence

• 8,354 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Its not!
Its $150 on TAB plus with $504 on the TAB 
and
$394 on regular TAB with $360 on the TAB
Photo of Kevin Fifield

Kevin Fifield

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
When I go in through my account, it doesn't even give me the option for Tabplus
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,596 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Trust me. That's a good thing. You don't want the tab plus. The tab plus plans are horrible.
Photo of Minchia

Minchia

• 374 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Why tabplus bad?
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Because you have to get a Tab Plus plan which are more expensive than normal plans
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 3,454 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Seems like a terrible deal Tab vs. Tab plus.  With tab plus, in this example, you're borrowing $244 from Koodo interest free for 24 months, in exchange for paying $15/month more for your plan for 24 months.  You're giving Koodo $360 in exchange for being fronted $244 that you pay back every month on top.
You'd be better off taking the $244 from your credit card.  And, if you can't do that, maybe you can't really afford the phone you want.
(Edited)
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah its no hidden secret that Tab Plus is worse than the Tab. You're basically paying more for a plan for the opportunity to save more upfront on a new phone that you're just going to end up repaying anyways
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo is fronting you a more expensive device in exchange for a higher plan, which acts like interest on borrowing. I guess that's what they're going for.
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 3,454 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
If they offered you $244 cash in exchange for $360 in interest over 2 years, they'd be breaking the law :)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's not technically financing, and there's no interest. I likened it to interest because that's how I imagine customers would understand it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.