Why did the price go up so much the day I had money to buy it...

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
I have been looking at your phones as I was going to purchase one today, until I went on and saw that the price of the phone I wanted(the samsung galaxy s8) went from 0$- to 290$... Now I can't afford the phone I want. Extremely frusturating. What is the reasoning for this... 
Photo of Justin Thomas

Justin Thomas

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Mad and confused

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,454 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Deals constantly come and go. That's a out all there is to it.

You can always buy a used s8 for less than 500 on Kijiji or Facebook marketplace.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,084 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just make sure it is not reported stolen

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
And make sure it'S not fake. There's many S8 that are fake and cheaper so pay attention! 
Photo of Ymir1220

Ymir1220

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
And maybe if you can wait more, it might go back to $0 but we don't know when that is. You can check koodo's website from time to time. 
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 32,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I feel the same way every time I want to fill my car's tank... Only option is to wait till price change again! 
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 24,430 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@ Justin. Sales come and go. Those prices were for a tab large plan. If you aren't in Manitoba or maybe Quebec, tab large plans are not a very good deals over 2 years. Try looking for tab medium which costs more down initially but in the long run it will save you money.
(Edited)
Photo of Justin Thomas

Justin Thomas

Yeah. it just would of been nice if I knew it was a sale. Would of been nice if they made "Sale" items more obvious other than the little words "sale" that can easily be missed if your new to this site.

Mats, I was going to get the medium plan for 200$. Goes from 200 to almost double :/ . This is why I havent owned a cell phone in like 5 years lol. This turned me off of them again. 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 200,540 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
They do note It as an activation credit or savings. In bring pink. Now they did recently revamped the website so maybe check it out again
Photo of Justin Thomas

Justin Thomas

I find it confusing for a first time user. 
(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 108,918 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you explain what exactly you find confusing?