Why can I not buy the iPhone 7 256 GB???

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I am trying to buy the iPhone 7 256gb version and online it says you can only buy the phone in selected stores. At the store, the employees tell me the phone is only available online. I tried calling customer service to try and solve this issue but the agents only recommendation was to cold-call every store to see if they have it. When I call the stores no-one even looks for it because they just say "its only sold online". I believe that customer service agent didn't actually look into the issue of contradicting information (online and in-store) rather I think he saw the online statement and decided that the statement is correct and the phone is only sold in-store. This is 2018 can you please figure out a better way for me to find the phone without spending countless hours calling your stores. I would still like to buy the phone so if someone could help me that would be great. Also, just so I understand, is this phone sold on-line or in-store??
Photo of Austin Baiton

Austin Baiton

• 70 Points
  • Ignored

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 83,330 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Try here for a painless experience with your purchase!

It is more likely that very few stores have it, and the sales staff simply default to "It's only online," without really confirming. They only know they do not have it in stock.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 193,128 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Website states only available in select stores and that Trump's what anyone else is saying so definitely have to check local stores and probably ones that are in the biggest cities near you.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 23,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Austin: Apple didn't sell the 256GB version of the iphone7 any more since September last year. I think Koodo had very limited stock left and you must be lucky to get one in "select store" (as stated by the webstore)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

• 57,352 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Corporate-speak translation: "in select stores" = clear out inventory of discontinued product. Supported by Apple not selling it anymore.

I assume that unless they are willing to ignore being robbed blind, corporate has an excellent idea of the inventory each store has on hand. Why they just can't have a "find in store" button on the website like BestBuy or Staples is a mystery. Then again, just having the stores actually answer the phone on a regular basis would be an improvement.