Which Samsung Note 3 is compatible with Koodo LTE? Is it the N9005? Thanks

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I am looking to purchase an unlocked Samsung Note 3 to bring over to koodo, but I don't know which model to purchase. I want to have LTE/4G capability if possible. I think it might be the model N9005? Please advise! Thanks!
Photo of Nohl Reiser

Nohl Reiser

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'd assume it's whatever model Telus got, unfortunately I am having issues confirming what it's model is via Google.
Photo of Nohl Reiser

Nohl Reiser

Thanks Guys, I have been searching to get the exact model number but I can't find it listed anywhere...
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No problem. I do see on Telus's website that it supports the LTE bands, and since Telus owns Koodo it would be fine, just no model number.
hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go for vacay(philippines) can i use it? thank u guys
Photo of Shawn Ouellette

Shawn Ouellette

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I use the Note 3 on Koodo and mine is the SM-N900W8 32GB model and it works great, It is unlocked also, mine displays both the LTE / 4G depending on the location. I have used it for about 5 months and never had any issues. Going to get the Note 4 soon as it's available then sell the Note 3
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,250 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
From what I'm seeing yes the Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005 will work on Koodo's frequencies
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Found some info on the Note 3 LTE on Samsung's UAE site.

http://www.samsung.com/ae/consumer/mo...
Photo of Nohl Reiser

Nohl Reiser

So after some digging I found the model number that best fits Telus/Koodo,

Note 3 N900W8

GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

HSPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 @ 42 Mbps

LTE 700 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 / 2600 @ 150 Mbps

Thanks Guys
Photo of Nydern

Nydern

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
But this version have exynos 5420
Processor and not the snapdragon 800... I was thinking all the North america version of the note 3 have the snapdragon Lte
(Edited)
hello, do i need to unlock the note 3 first before activating it on koodo? and im planning to go for vacay(philippines) can i use it? thank u guys
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, especially if you're traveling.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 202,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You need to unlock it before it will work on Koodo unless your buying an factory unlocked model. If you pop in your Koodo Sim it will ask for an unlock code right away and won't let you use the phone till the code is entered.
oh ok. where here in canada can i buy factory unlock? do u know? thanks
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 202,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I bought my factory unlocked Galaxy Note 2 from expansys.ca maybe check them out
Photo of Note3user

Note3user

• 60 Points
I have a note 3 SM-N900 ( from India ) it works with Telus calling works , texting works and even the data (3g only) i was wondering if the Note 3 SM-N900 would work on koodo including Data ???

please reply quick
thanks
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Koodo operates on the Telus network. You'll probably have to create a new APN so that your N3 will work correctly with Koodo.

http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.