Where is the 175$ credit?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
When I upgraded my phone I got an online deal that offered 175$ credit for my next bill. 2 bills have now gone by. Am I going to be getting the credit I was offered or should I go to the CRTC to talk to them about this.
Photo of cathy

cathy

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • swindled

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,984 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Cathy,
What was the credit about? activation credit? Who promised that to you?
I would suggest you contact Koodo directly to ask about it (call or send message to their facebook).
Photo of cathy

cathy

It was a special offer if I upgraded my phone online. 125 for the upgrade and 50 for getting it done online. I did call and the agent said he saw the offers but refuses to honour the discount. What a shady company. Why are they offering discounts they refuse to honour? How many others have they swindled with this “offer”?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,872 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You need to provide more evidences, screenshot.. etc. The activation credits are for certain phones only. When you activated online, what you saw was what you got. If you didn't see it in your last checkout screen, you weren't eligible for it or the offer was for another phone.
(Edited)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,704 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Some people received offer like this when you logged in to self serve :) .

(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
How did you receive this offer exactly, how were you contacted with this offer?
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What was the offer? 
Did it say something like " You get bill credit when you upgrade to selected phones on Tab M,L"...?
 Did you upgrade to one of those selected phone?
Photo of cathy

cathy

Yep the offer looked the same as the one mayumi posted. I clicked on the link and selected one of the phones from the list. Close to the end of the order it said "your credit will show on your next bill". I trusted this company so I did not take a screen shot. Looks like I should not have trusted them tho. I got the right phone and the right tab and also went thru the selfserve link for the credit.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

So, you talked to a rep and he can see  the offers but refuses to fix it...?
What was the reason he can't give you a deal that came through self serve?
Photo of cathy

cathy

He said "there is no proof " that I got the offer since it was not texted to me. Since I did not get a screen shot I can not prove it. It is interesting since he also said he saw the 125 + 50 offer on the account. I am very upset by the dishonesty. He said the loyalty department will be calling me in the next 24 hours but I really don't know if I can trust his word. Will the excuse "you did not record the call so there is no proof they would call you" be used?
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

It's very odd if he said the reason was "there is no proof", yet he see the offer on the account...  There have to be something else, or it was just simple glitch that credit wasn't applied on your account. 

Screenshot is not necessary.  (I took it because I wanted to show it to my friend).
And they usually good to honor the deal they offered if customers applied it correctly.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 28,768 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cathy - I was able to locate you account and have shared this with our team to provide some insight. I'll share more info. once I have. 
Photo of cathy

cathy

I was not contacted by the loyalty department and it has been over 24 hours from the time I called. Can I please get an update on what is going on and can some one tell me why I was lied to again?
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

What lie? He didn't say anything about 24hour.
He said he will share more info once he gets.

I understand you want to answer right away. But, they got busy because of the promo they recently had and everybody want to get their issues fixed right away too.
I believe they are doing their best, and I don't want to see ppl calling them liar.
Photo of cathy

cathy

The agent I called said that loyalty was busy so he would have them call me within 24 hours.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 28,768 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I just followed up and got confirmation that the bill credit will be honoured, Cathy. The team is working through the motions of applying it to your account. You should see the credit on your next bill. Thanks for your patience.
Photo of cathy

cathy

Thank you for your help and for taking the time to look in to this.
Photo of cathy

cathy

Also thank you mayumi for all the support :)