Where do I buy a prepaid SIM card ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I bought a SIM card at Walmart and am having trouble hooking it up . Do I need a prepaid SIM card or is there such a thing?
Photo of Michelle Ditzel Hope-Brown

Michelle Ditzel Hope-Brown

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,566 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes there are postpaid and prepaid SIM cards, you can buy one at your local Koodo kiosk just specify you need a prepaid SIM Card.
Photo of Terry LeFurgey

Terry LeFurgey

• 70 Points
My daughter's friend was in Grand Prairie Alberta and want to buy a sim card for her prepaid phone and they wouldn't sell her one unless they could activate it.  She already has a prepaid account just needs a new sim card what can she do?
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 69,282 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
ebay.ca often has them available. Make sure the size and type (prepaid) are right for your phone.
Photo of Terry LeFurgey

Terry LeFurgey

• 70 Points
Thanks! I will tell her that. 
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The only reason the store would want to activate it themselves is if its a dealer and they wanted to charge her extra to activate it, which is scummy. Corporate stores actually won't even activate it for you and make you do it yourself. Crazy how your daughter experienced the opposite of what people usually experience
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Terry! Can you let us know which store she went to? I would like to send feedback to them.  They should have been able to sell her a SIM card to replace her current one with no issues. Thank you :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.