Where can I get a detailed list of the messaging that allegedly I have done?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
On my last billing period I have been charged $100 for over 1,170 messages that I supposedly sent. I am barely using my phone and hate messaging...how can I prove I have not done it? A friend of mine complained a few weeks ago that I have sent her in two days over 60 messages??? It was not me, and nobody else has access to my cell. What is going on?
Photo of Sofia

Sofia

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jay Why

Jay Why

• 1,994 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
if you sign into self serve and click "view usage" it should give you the info you are after. If you are positive it wasn't you, you might want to contact Koodo because some is obviously using your account, especially if one of your friends are telling you that you were texting them. someone has access to your phone and your contacts

(Edited)
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It could be a malicious app but not sure if that can even be done without someone having access to your handset. What are the messages saying that you have sent to your friend 60times?
Photo of Sofia

Sofia

empty messages, nothing in them!
My phone is a simple one the old type, is not even a smart phone and have no apps installed ...never use it for data/emails either.
(Edited)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,546 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sofia, you are on a very old plan from 6 years ago. Based on your account activity you would be far better off switching to one of our new plans. The Unlimited plan is best it seems as you would get unlimited nationwide minutes, texts and all your features (voicemail, call display etc. included).

When I look your messaging history, let's say just for yesterday the 5th, there 40 messages (sent and received) to and from various people. You can take a look the numbers yourself online and see if you recognize them. Or just look at your phone messaging history. Also, you may want to visit one of our Koodo stores for a "health check" of your phone. They would have to see the phone to have any clue what might be happening.
Photo of Sofia

Sofia

Interesting, I always knew that the messages received are UNLIMITED!? yes, I just took a look and on 5th indeed I had 44 messages totally between received and sent, but that was very much a deviation from the norm. If you look at the whole week you see: on 4th totally 12, on 3rd totally 9, on 2nd totally 16, on 1st totally 11...in order to do almost 1,200 messages in a month will have to message in average per day 40 messages!!! I assure you that I am too busy to live my life on the damn phone! On Sat, July 30th I have 19 EMPTY messages to the same person... I thought that maybe somehow it dialed in my pocket/purse but I have to press 5 (FIVE) buttons in order to message somebody an empty message....I assure you I do not have a compulsive disorder. I will call one of your reps on Monday and go to a Koodo store if necessary to check out my phone and for sure my plan. Thanks for the response.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 95,990 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If any of the messages are longer than about 140 characters, they would count as more than 1 message. This may help explain some of the discrepancy.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,546 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The "person" you mentioned Sofia, is it one of your contacts? You do know them? It's not a stranger's number, right?