When will my cell number be transferred?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I got a new iphone yesterday and I am waiting for my phone # to be transferred. I need to cancel with my previous provider. I have a temporary number from koodo.
Photo of Priscila Larrea Mas

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Camilo_A

• 30,228 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Priscila... When did you do the request to be moved to Koodo? When you request your number to change from one provider to another, this should not take more than 30 minutes to complete, sometimes takes a bit more, so If it has been more than that, probably there is an issue with your port request (maybe the wrong account number, pin or imei number were given at the moment of the request) and that is why can't be completed...

So, if this has not been completed by when you read this and you have not received a text message saying that is complete, please Call Customer service and they will inquiry with the department in charge of ports....
Photo of Starfox

• 5,718 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Just to add to this, in all port requests, the max time frame would be up to 2.5 hours. It all depends on your old provider and the information given as Camilo_A mentioned
Hi Camilo. I will call them after 9 am when they open. Thank you :)
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 137,132 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Also, when a port request is put in, the number is assigned to the koodo phone right away, it just takes a while for incoming calls to be routed to koodo. If you still have a temporary number, the port request has not been submitted.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.