When can we expect to get the Amber update for my Nokia 520 phone ?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have seen the Nokia 620 phone that my brother owns albeit it is with Telus get his Amber update . When will KooDo offer this update for the Nokia 520 ?

Will unlocking the phone allow for faster updates that are pending approval from KooDo ?
Photo of AHT

AHT

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,104 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Lumia Amber update begins rolling out in August – you’ll get a notification on your phone when it’s ready to go. The update will be available for Nokia Lumia 920, 820, 720, 620, 520, 928, 822, 521 and 810.

Your phone notifies you once an update is available. We (Nokia) ask you to be patient, as updates for Nokia Lumia range are always released gradually. To make sure you don’t miss out on the notification, check on your phone that under Settings > Phone Update > “Tell me when updates are available for my phone” is enabled.

Unlocking the device won't allow you to receive the update any faster.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 2,256 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Update status has changed from "waiting for approval" as above to "coming soon"

Can't wait!! :)
Photo of Chris

Chris

Hurray...status just turned to "available" for all carriers in Canada for the Lumia 520! :)

Wondering when the message to update will pop up.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Successfully updated to Amber on my 520. :D
Photo of Ron White

Ron White

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes I have amber update completed as well.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Radio works good and phone feels a bit faster with apps and operations. Too bad the 520's don't get the glance screen. :(
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,104 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Confirmed. The Amber update successfully installed on my Lumia 520. I like the Data Sense option that monitors data usage (mobile or Wi-Fi). FM radio another cool feature. Moving between apps and pages, the Lumia 520 feels a little more responsive. I may have missed this feature from the last OS version, but I see an option to add both an internet and mms apn. Overall, the upgrade was easy to install, took about twenty five minutes to complete.
Photo of Chris

Chris

I noticed the WWAN indicateor has changed from H/H+ to 4G. I like the flip over to silence a call feature as well

Looking forward to GDR3 now.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yeah it's definitely a nice update, for anyone about to do it it appears to hang at 100% preparing the update for quite some time. Just be patient it eventually reboots and installs, but I think I stared at it sitting at 100% for like 10 mins.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.