• Updated 2 weeks ago
Photo of Jenni82

Jenni82

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,406 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There's already a very long thread about it. We don't know when. What we do know is that details will be announced on the launch of WiFi calling in a few weeks.
Photo of Gordon McKenzie

Gordon McKenzie

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Well, 3 weeks have passed......
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

They sure have. Guess Koodo needs more time.
Photo of Jenni82

Jenni82

Thank you! I’ll keep a lookout, it’s a feature I used a lot in Telus that I’m missing since switching!
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,464 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I was with Telus for 12 years prepaid and switched to Koodo because i got better plans with Koodo what kind of phone did you use for the WiFi calling on telus i am hoping that Koodo gets the WiFi calling soon i am holding off on buying a new phone for now to see witch cellphone that will work on the WiFi calling was thinking of getting the Lgg6 i have the lgg4 love it a great phone for taking pictures and videos
Photo of Jenni82

Jenni82

I had an iPhone 6s. I switched for the cheaper plan also... but am missing wifi calling...
I’m due for an upgrade but undecided which phone I want....Ive had iPhones forever... LG G6 looks like a nice phone tho
Photo of Lisa Fodor

Lisa Fodor

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Seriously Koodo! Get with the times. I have been a loyal customer since 2008 and am only now considering switching because: A. I work in a remote location with no cell coverage. B. Communications in this area are difficult. C. Everyone else has wifi calling that I am working with because they are with other providers. I thought because they all had iphones that was why I didnt have the option (galaxy S8) but turns out it is just a KOODO PROBLEM!!!!!!!! Not happy. Get on it.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,762 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 88,072 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Koodo will do it when it does it. You'll jus travel to accept, for better or for worse, that Koodo just doesn't add these things as fast as anyone else.
Photo of reg

reg

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I recently moved to an area that the cell phone coverage is weak. I have waited patiently for a notice of when they are enabling wifi calling on iphones but little has been said. I have been with Kodoo for a long time. Sad to go but having a phone with no service is useless and living in the north without a phone is risky.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Understandable. You gotta do what you gotta do. The hope I presume is shortly but what can you do until then.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,214 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I think lot's of people is waiting on the WiFi calling even myself because i live in a place where the cellphone service is very poor to and work where cellphone single poor but got wifi
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,408 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It'll come, we just have to wait for it (hard, I know...).
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

In case you didnt see, VoLTE was recently released for the LG V30. It's only a matter of time before we get wifi calling now!
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

Thanks Allan i saw the V30 looks like a nice phone just dont like it on the tab large and i know i can get it on tab med but don't want to pay $370 lol think i just have to wait like everyone else and it's hard and hopefully it will come soon with more phones being added
Photo of xnuorg

xnuorg

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I got the LG v30 2 days ago, yesterday it received software update and after that, wifi calling works wonderfully! I tested it by putting the phone on airplane mode, turn on wifi. Able to make outgoing call and receive incoming call. There is the wifi-calling icon on top left of the screen when it's ON.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Glad to hear it's working properly.
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

• 1,308 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Awesome! I’m waiting patiently for my iPhone. I hope we are close for iOS.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

I was talking with a person at the regent mall on the phone in Fredericton and asking him about the WiFi calling he tried to tell me he had it on his Lgg6 would that be possible i am going there next Thursday some of those people some times don't know what there talking about and tell you anything to buy a new phone
(Edited)
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

It is not officially pushed to the G6, just the V30.
From experience I agree strongly with your last statement.
(Edited)
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

If he was telling the truth, he would have showed you?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 30,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
he might be granted special option to test the VoWIFI as well.

Normal users would have to wait for Koodo official announcement.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 9,488 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I doubt he was intentionally lying about it. Have them show you why they think they have it on the LG G6. He very well might not know what he's talking about.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

First of all the guy said got it on most all the phones that's when i figure that maybe he was talking about something different but i will be in Fredericton this week and see what he's talking about
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

Maybe he's referring to something like Skype? Technically that's a form of calling over wifi but certainly not wifi calling in the aspect that we want.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Talk about disingenuous if so. May as well wait until he's back to double check.
Photo of reg

reg

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So my story goes like this. I moved 6 months ago to a location that does not have great cell phone service. After talking to a rep at kiosk about the problem they told me I would probably need a new phone because the old phone could not keep up with the new technologies. Sigh. I bought a new iphone for over $1000.00 and have the same problem. After a little research on my own I find this forum that tells me that I can get service if I buy another new phone at a cost of over $1000.00. Lol. But don’t worry because the cell phone service that I am paying for will be available soon on my old phone. But nobody really knows how soon. I gotta admit that this is one of the greatest marketing ploys I have ever seen. Sell a service and phones that do not work and promise you a fix for the problem soon. Did you guys ever think about running for a political office. I bet this post gets edited.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

What was your old phone? Sorry to hear that's what you were told. Twice. There are phones with better signal reception but they're not necessarily the most expensive ones. The blackberry z30 remains there phone with the best reception I've ever had, for instance.

Well Koodo for reasons doesn't seem to want to unveil things until pretty much last second. You can say to keep things vague to make you pay more. Maybe that's one reason. Another is this way they don't promise anything and don't miss deadlines if there are none announced.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 60,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Getting a mixed cell / wifi network up and running is not exactly a trivial endeavour. When it works its great, but not all handsets will be capable of the task.

Had a similar experience as Reg above a number of years ago when the damage was only in the hundreds of dollars. Reception quality is probably the last thing you can actually research or the salesman wants to talk about Resolution, RAM, camera, etc but never anything about how good a phone the damn thing is.

I moved to a rural area and my Bell phone stopped working, so I got told the "story", but to add icing on the cake, they insisted that I couldn't upgrade just yet, but had to live out the last few months of my contract as is or pay for 2 contracts. Went to a rural Telus store, told them my problem and the manager replied: "I live not far from you. After work I'll call your landline from the top of your driveway and see if we can connect."

SOLD.

And the rest is history. It's not fair to paint everyone in the industry with the same brush. There are some gems out there in the gravel.
(Edited)
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

Still waiting lol
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

So is everyone else until it comes out. Periodically saying you're still waiting ain't gonna change their release schedule.
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

I know but it feels good
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 9,488 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
There are other ways of making that happen
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

Soon, very soon, at least for iPhones 6 and up.
Photo of Jenni82

Jenni82

I received a notification on my phone to update carrier settings this morning and Wifi calling is now available on my iphone :)
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

Enjoy.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 60,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It will not be available on prepaid.
Photo of Lidia

Lidia

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any idea when more phones will be compatible with wifi calling? I have an Essential phone and terrible reception at my house, I can't wait to be able to use wifi calling and stop missing calls...
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 10,670 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No, its basically just a waiting game. The essential phone might not even be on their list to get it.
Photo of AxlRose

AxlRose

• 60 Points
It’s finally here!!!!!!! Just got it on my iPhone!
Photo of Lloyd Willett

Lloyd Willett

• 3,464 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Any word on the next software update for the WiFi calling what phones will be added next
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Nope. As per usual Koodo isn't saying much. You'll likely hear about it first via a leak on mobilesyrup or iPhone in Canada or some other site.