when is there going to be a lollipop 5.0 update for Samsung Galaxy s4 mini SGH-I257M ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
If you know how to get this update, please reply. Thank you!
Photo of Dammy Mafe

Dammy Mafe

• 70 Points
  • anxious

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Justin Robichaud

Justin Robichaud

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Dammy!

Unfortunately, to my immediate knowledge, Lollipop isn't going to be available on Samsung devices. It think it's possible to get it, but not without the potential to harm your device.

Sorry
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That is completely wrong Justin Android lollipop will be coming to many Samsung devices and infact the Galaxy S5 is already getting the update over seas and will be the first device from Samsung to get updated here in North America as well. Also it will be an OTA update that's officially sent from Samsung and will not damage your device.
As far as the S4 mini I'd say that if it gets it and it should then will be getting it sometime in late spring early summer. Samsung will first update the Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4, then Note 3 and Galaxy S4 followed by the S4 mini should they choose to update it to lollipop.
As we are probably looking at Samsung's first lollipop updates to the first two devices I mentioned sometime in February is why I predict yours arriving at the time I suggested.

Your best bet to find out if Samsung will indeed update the s4 mini along with the S4 you should really be asking Samsung themselves on their Canadian social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter ect. Make sure to ask Samsung Canada not just Samsung.
Photo of Justin Robichaud

Justin Robichaud

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Oh! Excellent!

Thanks for the clarification. If I hadn't been lazy and did my research I would have found that out I bet. That's why I said "immediate knowledge " hahaha.

Disregard my comment Dammy! My appologies!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.