When I signed up the rep said I had unlimited data for the first 30 days, but I just got a text saying I have used 50% of my usage

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
When I signed up the rep said I had unlimited data for the first 30 days, but I just got a text saying I have used 50% of my usage. Just wondering if the text was automatic or was the rep lying and I should watch my usage?
Photo of Lisa Shellington

Lisa Shellington

• 70 Points
  • concerned

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lisa,

The unlimited data is for your first 10 days in order to help you get accustomed to your new phone and data usages, etc. The representative must of misinformed you or you understood him wrong. Not much you can do now, you got the warning and just be careful with your data usage until your next billing cylce!
Photo of HolyHoundz

HolyHoundz

• 600 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
they dont warn u lol they want you to wast your data so u bills high and they get more money  from the idiots who pay them ripoff scamms
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 69,020 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lisa, if I'm not mistaken, as a new customer you're allowed a 10 day grace period of unlimited data usage so that you can familiarize yourself with how much data your phone consumes and how your new phone works. I would say the rep misinformed you and that you should pay close attention to your data usage if you're beyond the 10 day grace period.

If you're still within the 10 day period, you can disregard the warning, but keep tabs on how much data you're using and how many days you have left until the 10 day grace period ends.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.