What's the new message counter along the top profile bar for?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
So, in the attached picture, a new (clickable) message counter has shown up. Now we don't have PM functionality on this forum, so I'm wondering what this is for?
Mine has always been at 0 since it showed up, so I haven't been able to go anywhere by clicking on it.

Anyone know?
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

• 17,268 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,566 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Maybe for How many replies you have waiting for you? As if you noticed that Mo, damn you have good eyes :-)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 116,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did they add a private massage function?
:P
Photo of Marcel in O-Town

Marcel in O-Town

• 3,722 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
LOL.. I think you meant private message....... although private massage would be good too....
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 116,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Oh, noooooo. my face is red. LOL
Yes.private message. :)
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

No.. They haven't added EITHER of those functions :P
Photo of Curtules

Curtules

• 19,666 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I just noticed this today myself. But I'm not seeing any method to send a message, is the counter going up for you now that we've bien responding to your post?
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
/thoroughly off topic...

Oooh I love the little mistakes non-native speakers make (English is my second language too).
This reminds me of a story I once read: a young English speaking couple was invited to meet everybody in the neighborhood in their brand new country, it was a large party. The lady sat down on a chair, but it broke... she was not hurt but wanted to say something. So, in her new language, she tried to say "oh I'm so very embarrassed!"
Suddenly everybody was running, screaming, rushing to help her, a huge commotion...
It turned out she had said "oh, I'm so very PREGNANT!"

This was your Friday morning smile :)
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

@Curtules: I thought so at first, but it's been steady at 0 since I noticed it. Granted, I check my reply notifications via email...

@Sophia.... wut? just...wut? lol
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

Yep, it's definitely not a notifications counter. I have had a few replies today to topics, but that thing is still stuck at zero. I think it's probably a PM Inbox counter from GetSat that Koodo hasn't subscribed to... So the functionality isn't available, but the counter slipped through the cracks and got left behind
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
OR... it's coming soon and the counter prematurely launched :D
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

OR that!
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 70 Points
It's not from Get Satisfaction (I work there). Looks to me like a Badgeville thing?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

I don't think it's a badge ville thing unless they haven't started using it quite yet because I'm done the badge ville game and my counter is at 0 like those who haven't finished the game yet.
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 70 Points
If you click on it, you'll see that it's for messages, so it's not from GS, and the class of that span has "bv" in it for "Badgeville" (".bv_playerMeta .bv_clickable.bv_notificationsCount"). They must be implementing something new. I don't know if the messages are from Badgeville or from Badgeville users. I wonder how to send the messages?
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

Whoa, talk about delving deep into the coding, Michelle. It could very well be a new messaging system from Badgeville that just hasn't been set up, yet. Fair enough. We'll wait and see.
Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey folks, I've forwarded the question off and I'm waiting on a reply, but I won't get one until after the weekend.

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Oooh now I AM intrigued... neither the GS nor the Koodo staff knows anything about this... should be interesting :D
Photo of Mo D.

Mo D.

That's too long a wait, Myke! We need answers now! This is a matter of international security! It could be the key to preventing a Zombie Apocalypse man! :P
Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
;)

Photo of Paul Deschamps

That counter is gone now, just must have been mistakenly placed there.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.