what' with leaving Ontario out in the cold on phone plans?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Not sure about anyone else. But this constant leaving Ontario based customer's out in the cold in regards to phone plans is really starting to piss me off. I am a long term koodo customer like many of you I am sure. Now I see a bunch of new phone plans but it says Quebec only? Are customer's in Ontario not good enough to get these deals too? Like it seems all of Canada can get a better deal from koodo. Just as long as you don't live in Ontario?
Am I over thinking this one or maybe missing something? Please add a post and let me know or Add a post and tell koodo your thoughts on it too!
Photo of YDOUTHINK

YDOUTHINK

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • mad!

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of RudyW

RudyW

• 21,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You are over thinking it indeed. Sort of. :-) All national phone companies do the same. These type pf provincial plans have been around for a couple years now. The reason for the difference is the local cable and cell companies. In Quebec it's Videotron in Manitoba it's MTS etc. Those guys want to gain an edge and seems the only thing they can come up with is cutting prices which of course is matched by the others within a day so no one is further ahead except customers who benefit from the drop. That said lots of things are different from province to province, from taxes to gas to whatever.
Photo of YDOUTHINK

YDOUTHINK

Your sort of part of made me smile at least! LOL so Ontario is the only one with a non competitive market then? This means I have to move out of Ontario to feel special again? LOL
No but seriously. You have Some valid points there. Anyone else got a point of view?
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,114 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
In BC we are discriminated too :( Not only do we pay the highest taxes (or so it feels) but we don't ever get any special plans either :(
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,126 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No, BC, Alberta, Ontario and Atlantic Canada are in the same boat. Quebec (Videotron), Manitoba (MTS) and Saskatchewan (Sasktel) and I believe Thunder Bay, have better options available.
Photo of YDOUTHINK

YDOUTHINK

Hmmmmm BC too? Weh! As a company operating in Canada there Should be a law that all Canadians Should be offered equal service options From that same company in question in the case of cell options. I know. Wishful thinking. But just putting it out there! LOL
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 63,684 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, the Should Be A Law people might interpret that to mean the Highest Possible Price possible across the board. They could all then advertise that they have signed a licence for the HPP technology, being rolled out next week...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.