What happens to a data booster when it is finished?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I'm curious as to if a used/finished data booster just disappears from your view booster usage?

Long story short my mother purchase a 1gb data on March 29.  Does not use very much and on August 14th received a 611 text saying she was at 50% usage.  Yesterday was her auto 30 day topup but she received a new credit card and had to call in to give the updated information after the payment didn't go through.  She logged in to view her booster usage afterwards and the minutes still showed but the data booster was nowhere to be seen.  Didn't even show 1024mb with 0mb remaining... just not there at all.  I really doubt she used the full booster.

So back to the original question when a booster is depleted does it just disappear with no record/receipt of it having been used up?  That seems strange to me.
Photo of Sam

Sam

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Its usually still there and shows 0 remaining if all used
(Edited)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,450 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since your mother uses data sparingly, (roughly 10% of data usage per month), I can't see the remainder of the data being used in just under two weeks. Your best option would be to call customer service (611) and find out where the remainder of the data is and why the data booster is not showing. The call is free.
Photo of Sam

Sam

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi I appreciate your replies.  

I did call last night and whoever I spoke to was of no help at all. Basically telling me that 1gb in 5 months is normal and that when the booster is finished they are removed from the booster usage screen.  They also told me the text dated August 14th (50%) was delayed from May 19th...  None of what this person was telling me was making much sense so I asked to speak to someone else. She told me no one else could do anything that she couldn't and refused to transfer me.  Our only option was to purchase a new 1gb for $30.

I've only called the toll free number a few times and the service was exceptional and fast.

Last night on the other hand was very disappointing.  
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

A delayed text is not your problem and an issue on Koodo's end, in my opinion. Also, the data booster totals stay on the booster usage screen, it's been that way for years. I really don't think this rep knows what she's talking about. All I can say is give it another shot and see if you can speak with someone more knowledgeable.

(Edited)
Photo of Monlezup

Monlezup

• 60 Points
I'm having an issue something like this too. When I look into booster usage, the only entries I see are from the first two boosters that I bought two years ago. Nothing after that. Even my current data remaining is not on the list, which makes it hard to manage data use properly. Would this be an issue at Koodo's end?
(Edited)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

Hi Monlezup,

Since both cases were somewhat similar, I mentioned this problem within our group and an official team member from Koodo contacted the prepaid team and responded with; "looks like it's a glitch, it is supposed to stay there even if all used". In the coming months ahead, Koodo is looking to revamp the way used boosters are displayed in the booster usage section, making them disappear after a booster is used.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.