What does it mean that easeyroam is capped at $100 per billing cycle?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
does this mean that usage is blocked at $100?
Photo of ugh Koodo

ugh Koodo

• 70 Points

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Rachelle Rochon

Rachelle Rochon

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sure it means you can send & receive txts while roaming up to the $100 plan. Idk I got unlimited in Canada but if in the USA... I will be charged for each roaming call, TXT... No plan.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,746 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It uses your plan as you are in Canada. So if you have 500min and 1GB of data you will have full access to that while roaming.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,856 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Let's say you are using easyroam internationally at $10/day and you used it for 30days starting on the first day of your billing cycle. Instead of being charged $300 it will only cost you $100.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,646 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That is correct Allan. The only other thing to be aware of, which you hinted at if people go over their monthly allotment. While there no Easy Roam charge once someone reaches the max ($100) if they go over their minutes or data overage rates do apply. 
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,356 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
@ughKoodo

You have to remember though it is only for a billing cycle, I might add.
Photo of lesley r.

lesley r.

• 60 Points
So if you are traveling during a billing cycle rollover, the easy roam charges begin anew and then recap again at $100?
So you go to the US for a calendar month. After 15 days your easy roam caps at $100, but say a week later your billing cycle brings afresh and so that last week out of Canada you are charged another $50 easy roam charges???
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,856 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes. It stops at $100 then once you go into a new billing cycle it starts back at $0 and starts accumulating again.