Want Blackberry But Not On Koodo Website - Out of luck?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I purchased a blackberry curve many years ago from Koodoo and have Koodo plan. Need to buy new one but do not see any Blackberry online.  Does this mean I must buy Blackberry from other and have to use there plan.  Want Blackberry but not happy if have to leave Koodo.  Any work around?  Thank you
Photo of Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can buy direct from BlackBerry via shop.blackberry.com

If you want to use tab to finance it. Grab a different device on tab and sell it.
Photo of Matthew Hill

Matthew Hill

• 3,102 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I've honestly never thought about that. That's genius!
Photo of Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald

Thank you for quick reply.
So I must buy at blackberry.com.  Will I be able to still use Koodo?  Sorry I don't understand at what you mean to grab different device on tab and sell it.  If you mean buy a blackberry at blackberry.com then buy another phone at Koodo just to sell - that isn't possible.  Just want to get blackberry and would like to use my Koodo tab and the Koodo plan.  Is that possible or must I leave Koodo if I get a new blackberry?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo doesn't sell the new blackberry devices at the moment so if you want one you're going to need to buy it on your own from BlackBerry or pickup a used compatible device from eBay or kijiji.

You can recoup the costs by getting a different device using your tab and selling it on eBay or kijiji.

Depending on your plan, you may or may not be able to keep it. For instance BlackBerry social doesn't work on the new BlackBerry devices.

If you're okay with older technology, you can pick up a pre-owned BlackBerry Curve using your tab.

https://shop.koodomobile.com/certifie...
Photo of Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald

Ok. Thanks Chad
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,614 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Staples also sells the new blackberry phones
Photo of Joshua Su

Joshua Su

• 486 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you really want a Blackberry buy it directly from Blackberry so that it's unlocked. Also, you'll get a 10% discount for bringing your own phone and you have the freedom of leaving anytime.
Photo of Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald

Thanks Joshua
Photo of J. Paul Bissonnette

J. Paul Bissonnette

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Buying direct is a lot cheaper. Passport locked is 750$ from Telus and Bell. 699$ unlocked from Blackberry
Photo of Jim MacDonald

Jim MacDonald

Thanks J. Paul

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.