Volte

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Just got a software update for my S8. Still waiting for VoLte and VoWifi ? WHEN WILL WE GET IT ?
Photo of Doctor61

Doctor61

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Mats

Mats

• 17,642 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Nobody knows for sure but they say soon. 
Photo of Doctor61

Doctor61

• 340 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My first post about this was over a year ago when I had an LG. Was told soon. Have an S8 now and was told likely after software update(s) the Samsungs would be included with the Apples and LG models now VoLte active. Had 2 updates since and still waiting. Starting to think about looking at other carriers. Been with Koodo 8+ years but they are lagging behind with the technology.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 36,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you are looking for VoLTE then it could be soon for many devices. VoWifi is an issue. Telus supports voLTE for samsung devices from GS6 and up
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 94,320 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No need for caps. Go with the carrier that works best for you. By now it should be clear that Koodo is the slowest new adopter so if that's a critical thing for you, you're not gonna have a fun time.
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

• 2,118 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Freedom Mobile holds that title for being the slowest, lmao.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

They got volte and WiFi out before Koodo so no. If you're talking about data speeds, cute but that's not what's being referred to here.
Photo of MoFromTo2018

MoFromTo2018

• 2,118 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Damn, I thought Freedom Mobile only had WIFI-Calling.

Update: Seems like Freedom Mobile do not support VoLTE at all. Confirmed it with Freedom Mobile rep.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Oh? Oh well. VoWifi is more important for them anyways.