Voicemail recordings Email Addresses associated per line. Raise the bar on accessibility for consumers.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
Having to log into your phone system to check voicemails is not my preferred method.

I suggest the following:

1. Forward your voicemails that you receive to an e-mail address in a .WAV or .MP3 format.

2. You should be able to associate a notification address per phone number.

3. If someone chooses that option, give them the option to also delete the voicemail from the voicemail box automatically, which will remove the voicemail indicator.

4. In the subject line of the e-mail, put that it's a voicemail and the phone number the voicemail is from.

5. Watch the customer gush in happiness at how awesome Koodo's new voicemail to email address service is.
Photo of ILovePolarBears

ILovePolarBears

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
6.???
7. Profit.

Seriously though, that's a cool idea, but I don't know how technically feasible something like that is.
Photo of ILovePolarBears

ILovePolarBears

Thanks Jonathan.

In terms of technical possibility of it, I'll have to make comparisons to VOIP providers like VOIP.MS, who have the ability to forward on voicemails left to their services as a feature built into their current offerings (no extra costs).

I'm assuming that they store voicemails in some sort of digital format for cellphone providers, so chances are it's possible, just something that they haven't figured out how to monetize yet.

Edit note:

I heavily use this feature for my voip home phone. An e-mail comes in, if the caller goes to voicemail, it automatically gets sent to both my wife and I, so we both get copies of the voice recordings without having to log into voicemail to get it.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A VoIP provider is different from the HSPA cell network that carriers currently use, though. The technology to deliver voice is different. Again I'm not a technician so who knows, maybe it is possible on this side.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I like the idea as a mater of fact at work my office phone works just like that. Question is if this was made available on a cellphone as well would we be paying /using data? How much data would a one minute voicemail use up?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Same here, I use Google Voice in the states and always give out my GV number to my family and Customers there. that way if someone calls and I'm not at my US number, At least I get the message via email. Mp3 and Transcribed. It's very convenient. At the very least I'd love Voicemail to mp3 forwarding

Photo of ILovePolarBears

ILovePolarBears

Transcribed as well? Nice.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.