Voice mail issues

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I am having an issue with my Q5. I am notified that I have a new voice mail. when I sing into the mail box I am told that I have not messages. Is this the phone or Koodo?
Photo of JPB

JPB

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Daniel

Daniel, Employee

• 5,702 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi JPB!

Are you saying that you did have messages and they suddenly disappeared?

Your messages should still be there but note that messages will automatically delete 30 days after the Migration to the new voicemail.

By the way, the model of your phone has no impact on the new voicemail, except if you have an iPhone, which is not your case.

Here is more information on the new voicemail: http://koo.do/1PwdsYS

Hope this is helpful :)
Photo of JPB

JPB

No, I get a notification that I have a new message. When I go to voice mail I  get a massage that I have no new messages and no old one.. To check this I call my number and lest a message, when I tried to retrieve it, voice mail claimed there were no massage.
On my display it reads Call Voicemail you have 3 new msg. When I press call I get a message "The last time you were in your mailbox" then the tone generated by keys being pressed.. then a message that I have entered the wrong password although I have not touched a Key.

I think it is Koodo since my wifes phone is doing the same thing now.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try calling your own number from your phone and see if this happens.
Photo of JPB

JPB

I get my voice mail and can retrieve the messages.
Photo of ahlamabdulhussien

ahlamabdulhussien

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I don't phone number vicemail open box I forgot password I am Android icall in phone she said put password Igor got hlep
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,490 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So you called customer support and they reset your password and you need help still? I'm sorry I'm having a hard time understanding what the problem is.
Photo of Julie

Julie, Company Admin

• 2,344 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hey JPB! Have you tried calling your phone from a different device and leaving yourself a voicemail? If you do so, and erase that message, it should do the trick! Keep us posted :)
Photo of JPB

JPB

Did that. I get a network notification of voice mail.

From the Blackberry hub I should be able to retrieve the mail. That is the way it has worked in the past. However using the hub to call my mailbox I get the message that I have a new voice mail, then this is interupted by a touch tone; then a message saying that that is not the correct password please try again*. This message is repeated 3 time, then a message to call customer service is repeated 3 time. Then I get a message that I am in the main menu press 1 for new voice mail. Then I can retrieve the voice mail.
*If I key in my password as requested I get a message that I have no messages and a new notification that I have a voicemail.

That is kind of an anoying trip to get a voice mail. Does Koodo have a problem with their mail server?

My wifes' phone is also giving her problems with the voice mail.
(Edited)
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
That's odd, no issues have been reported with the voicemail.  Have you tried calling your voicemail by using the "1" key as a speed dial on your phone? If the issue still persists, I suggest giving a call to our technical support team so that they can troubleshoot further with you. Thanks :)
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,490 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you try tapping the left end icon of the VM in the hub? I don't know if it's a bug or works as intended but I generally need to tap on the VM notification in hub to make it register as "read."
Photo of JPB

JPB

@ Melissa
pressing 1
I get the message that I have a new voice mail, then this is interupted by a touch tone; then a message saying that that is not the correct password please try again*. This message is repeated 3 time, then a message to call customer service is repeated 3 time. Then I get a message that I am in the main menu press 1 for new voice mail. Then I can retrieve the voice mail.
*If I key in my password as requested I get a message that I have no messages and a new notification that I have a voicemail.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.