Upgrading

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
So, I was thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 6 plus from my current phone (iPhone 5s) and was wondering about some costs. I understand that I need to give some information for you to help me, so here: I have roughly one year on my plan remaining, and it's a 1 GB a month plan, $75 a month.

That being said, my phone is also in perfect condition, so I was wondering how much money I'd get in terms of trade in value. Also I don't exactly want to spend a lot of money. I've seen some places where you can trade in your phone for the new one with $0 down, so I'm hoping that if it does cost money for the phone's upfront cost, that it doesn't cost a lot. Any information regarding any of my question would be helpful, thanks.
Photo of Jaiden George

Jaiden George

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You have to pay off your tab first before anything else when upgrading. If you wish to trade in your phone, after your tab is paid off, you can go to a kiosk and they will check the condition of the device and give you a price. However you almost always will get more by selling your device on craigslist etc. Also it seems you are on a tab L plan right now, if you do upgrade do NOT pick tab L plans. Tab M is where the best bang for you buck is. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.