UNWANTED CONTENT SUBSCRIPTION

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have tried to cancel this $10/month "content subscription"...I don't know what it is or how it got on my bill, but it's STILL there!!! I refuse to continue paying for this unwanted service..please correct this immediately or risk losing my service!
Photo of PaulK

PaulK

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

• 71,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
How did you attempt to cancel?
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Have you received any messages from a short string of numbers regarding jokes of the day, IQ tests, etc? These are subscriptions that you must stop yourself or else they will continue to be charged to you. Koodo can't stop them for you.

Try replying "STOP" to the messages to discontinue it.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 143,366 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo cannot cancel this 'service' for you, the best they will be able to do is provide the contact number for the company who is billing you. If you have already contacted the company and are still being billed, go to www.phonebusters.com and file a complaint against the premium messaging company with the rcmp.
Photo of PaulK

PaulK

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, I was instructed to text "stop" to this company (Jamsters??) and was told to do so by a Koodo rep, however, latest bill indicates a charge of $10 still... :(
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,668 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sounds like they should be called Scamsters instead then :(
You better file that complaint Timo mentioned above :(

Edit: a quick Google search brings up Jamsters and Scam up on the top pages, I guess it is true that they are scammers! http://www.jamsterscam.com/
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

• 143,326 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Although I don't care for the way they do business, jamster is one of the more transparent companies out there, and one of the easiest to unsubscribe from. Companies like dada entertainment and mobivillage are a whole lot worse, they don't even have a short code you can text to unsubscribe, you have to track down their website and hunt through their terms of service, which are printed in dark grey on a dark blue background, to find the steps required to unsubscribe.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,668 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
AH thanks Timo! Glad they are not scammers then,,, there ya go, can't believe everything Google tells ya :D
Hope you get it sorted soon, Paul!
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you need more about legal companies that can send you short code for primum SMS or content subscription see more of it on http://txt.ca/codeList/codeListEN.php
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

• 143,366 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Call customer service and get them to check the date of the charge on this bill. Chances are that it was already on the account before you texted them to stop the subscription and simply had not been billed yet. Although they are only supposed to credit premium messaging charges once for the lifetime of the account, most agents will bend the rules in this case if the charge was indeed pending at the time of the last call.
Photo of pallavie

pallavie

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was also charged $10 for Gamifive that I mistakenly subscribed on 12 June at 07:47. then 2 mins later I cancelled the subscription. I do have the txt msg that subscription was cancelled at 07:49.

How comes I am still charged for it? What can be done?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

They post the charge to your account the minute you sign up. Call customer service if you want to dispute it. They may credit the charge.
Photo of pallavie

pallavie

I honestly believe Koodo should stop acting as a middle man in this matter
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Unfortunately, it is legal for premium messaging services to bill koodo for programs that you've signed up for. Once that happens koodo's only option is to pass on the bill to the subscriber or eat the charges.
Photo of pallavie

pallavie

thanks.. will call koodo!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.