Data problems unlocked lg g3 d855

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Hi I bought an lg g3 d855 about a year ago. I currently reside in Ontario and I ordered it from Houston, Texas although when i received it it was in Korean. Aside from simply changing the language I've had the phone for about a year and loved it. I never had data before but i did some research when I bought the phone and was told that it would work if I brought it to Koodo. I just recently changed to a data plan and it is not working. I've tried setting up multiple different APN's and I think the bands are okay so I'm not to sure why data isn't working on my phone. Can anyone think as to why it won't work?

Here are the specs:

Photo of DJ

DJ

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Open Settings. Go to Tethering and networks, mobile networks, and then Access Point names. Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select new apn. Put in these values:

Name: KOODO
APN: sp.koodo.com
Proxy: 74.49.0.18
Port: 80
Username: leave blank
Password: leave blank
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
MMS Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: No set
APN type: No set

Take out the space in http://.

Turn on your data and let us know if it works.
Photo of DJ

DJ

Unfortunately it doesn't work and when I try to load a webpage it just says data is unavailable.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try restarting your phone. Also ensure they're entered exactly as posted. Even just a little space or a wrong capital letter can make it wrong.

Also I would call into Koodo and make sure there's no data block on your account.
Photo of DJ

DJ

It was a data block hiding in add-ons I must have put on a long time ago, thank you so much!
where do i find ad ons i want to know if my data is blocked
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 114,614 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.