Unlocked LG G3 D850 - Emergency calls only

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
I recently purchase an AT&T lg g3 which is supposed to be unlocked.
I say "supposed" because when I put my koodo sim card inside, it doesn't ask me any code, it starts normally and even network strengh bars appear, but when I try to call it tells me "Emergency calls only".
Can't find koodo network when I do a search, and when I look into "INFO" it tells me that the phone is connected to an "unknown network"...
I checked the IMEI number, doesn't seems to be blacklisted...

Please help me, it's driving me crazy.
THX
Photo of Miche Miche

Miche Miche

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Can you try with another sim card? Its possible that it doesn't match Koodo's frequencies but being AT&T it likely does. The phone itself could not be working. Does your Sim card work without issue in other phones?
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The AT&T model is compatible with Koodo.
Have you tried restarting your phone and reinserting your SIM card?
As well are you in an area that has service? Enter your address here and see if there is a tower close by. https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/c...
Photo of Miche Miche

Miche Miche

Thx guys for this quick reply,

I didn't try with another sim but my sim card is working properly in my old phone. I'll try with my girlfriend's sim (another carrier).
I tried restarting (even factory rest) by unpluging battery and waiting a few minutes.
Also I'm in my place where I have full service with koodo...

I hope it's a software problem that can be solved somehow. The phone is a refurbished from China and it took almost one month of shipping...
Photo of Miche Miche

Miche Miche

Tried with the sim of my grilfriend (fido) and it works...
So it seems the phone is alright...

Should I ask for a new sim ?
I don't know what to do
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd go to a koodo kiosk or retailer and ask to have a koodo sim put in to be sure. The odd thing is its working in another phone and another sim is working in this phone so at this point try a different Koodo sim. If it works then def ask for another one.