Unlock Koodoo phone bought online

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi, i bought a koodo samsung phone from a craigslist seller who bought the phone from samsung store and is locked to kodoo. I was wondering how i could get it unlock by kodoo. I know you could get it unlock for free starting december first. I dont have a koodoo account/plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of jim

jim

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,668 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You do need a Koodo account to unlock a Koodo phone. You can buy a prepaid SIM ($20), activate that and request the unlock code.

It's probably cheaper to find a 3rd party unlock service - they can unlock most, if not all Android phones for a fraction of the price.
Photo of jim

jim

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Sophia for your response.
Photo of CTB

CTB

• 60 Points
Did you get it done Jim? I have an old Koodo phone I want unlocked but I don’t have a Koodo account
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 46,106 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There was a report that you don't need a koodo/telus account to ask for the unlock.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
First question asked was whether or not I had a Koodo account. A formality at best. You'll be asked for the phones' IMEI number. Pretty sure they can see which company the phone is registered to via the IMEI number. Give it a shot CTB and let us know how it turns out.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.