Unlimited texting truly unlimited?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
HI I have The Works plan for my phone which has unlimited texting, but it doesn't tell me if unlimited texts are onyl within Canada or whetehr I can receive and send texts unlimited to the States? Or will I be charged extra for texting to the States?
Photo of Kimberly Mistysyn

Kimberly Mistysyn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,864 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's unlimited texts and picture messages to anywhere in the world as long as you are in Canada. It doesn't include premium subscription text services.

Kimberly Mistysyn

What's a premium subscription text service? Just curious. Thanks for the response.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 200,792 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The kind of services that send you a horoscope a day through texts or ring tones that kind of thing. You usually have to text a code to a certain # that you usually see on TV or online & in small print it says you will be charged a certain fee. Those are not included.

Kimberly Mistysyn

Thanks! So if I ever travel to the States and want to text from the States to someone in Canada or someone in the States, because I'm outside of Canada, then there would be charges, correct?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Yes those would be extra & you'd have to apply US or international roaming to your plan to be able to use your phone outside of Canada or it won't work.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Kimberly Mistysyn

Excellent, really appreciate it.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

NP Have a great night :-)
Photo of Thomas Billings

Thomas Billings

• 60 Points
What if I wanted to text a friend of mine in the states. Would my unlimited texting plan cover that if I'm in Canada?
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Most plans since late 2011 or early 2012 include international texting as standard. Check Self Serve and let us know what plan you have.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.