• 1
  • Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I would like to see some type of plan for students who are attending a US university. Right now you have to give up your Canadian carrier then try to find something for the US. We spent money to get a new unlocked phone before out daughter left and it still took over 4 hours to get a crappy plan.Then when she comes back for holidays or the summer we need to get another plan. See in the US if you don't have a social security number you really have a problem with phones and banks.
Photo of Wayne Powers

Wayne Powers

  • 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,772 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would recommend prepaid in the US.
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

  • 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Prepaid is generally cheaper in the US than getting a phone on a contract with the big service providers there. If you have an unlocked phone your daughter could sign up for Net10 or Straight Talk. Their plans are great and offer pretty good features for a cheap price per month. Plus there's no credit checks required!

Just my two ยข :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.