unable to make calls

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

So my base plan allows me to make unlimited calls after 5pm and unlimited incoming calls. My plan has Been topped up but I am unable to make calls after five its always telling me I need a booster and when people try calling me they are unable to also. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Please let me know what can be done.
Photo of deeohenry

deeohenry

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Steven

Steven

• 1,420 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Make sure your in your calling area. Also make sure the base plan you selected is active. Log on to your self serve account online to make sure everything is correct.
Photo of deeohenry

deeohenry

I just checked and everything is fine, my plan is active. I don't know what to do, I need to be able to make calls.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Does 911 work?
Photo of deeohenry

deeohenry

Is there any other way I can find out, I don't really want to call 911? (:
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

I don't know, only idea that came through my mind since even when you have low service you can make a 911 call... Try calling Koodo *611 from your phone
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The 911 calling is a bit of a strange suggestion (with all due respect), because ALL carriers allow 911 calls on ALL phones, even ones without any SIM card! Besides I really don't think they'd be amused if they were used as a testing service... and neither would you if you called them when you really needed them and couldn't get through because of another person testing :)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

I didn't know a phone without a SIM card could call 911... You sure about that? It was the only idea I had to see if the phone is having connection problem during this time.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

Yep, I'm positive :) Of course you'd need to be within any carrier's reach, but ALL carriers will get your call to the emergency service no matter who you're with :)
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

Henry, I suggest you call *611 and talk to a representative to ask why you don't get incoming calls... based on your plan, you really should be getting them especially if you are within your "local" area!
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

I maybe thought this might be the problem too, after reading through the prepaid plans

"(4) When outside your local calling area, a Canada-wide Talk Booster add-on is required for incoming calls. "
Photo of deeohenry

deeohenry

Thanks yea I am going to call them tomorrow, they're closed now. ): Thanks guys (:
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

No problem! Best of luck!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.