U.S. Roaming Add-on....$5/100 texts

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No longer valid due to Easy Roam

I am on the Talk 25 plan. I see there is a U.S. roaming add-on for $10 that provides unlimited text for 3 days. Without the add-on, the regular charge appears to be just $5 to send 1-100 texts while in the US.  Are there any additional roaming fees? Otherwise it seems that if you're going to send LESS than 100 texts from the US over 3 days, you're better off not adding the add-on and just taking the charged of $5. Is that correct?
Photo of m t

m t

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Correct :)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 62,064 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just avoid the reflex of picking up the phone and answering it every time it rings! Set your default ringtone to something very different for the duration of your trip.
Photo of m t

m t

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Mayumi. I can't see wanting to send over 200 texts in 3 days....so I'll pay the regular overage for the few I do send.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just watch out your usage, you will get another $5 when you sent 101 th text .
(1-100 for $5 as you mentioned
101 - 200 for another $5 and so on...)
And Bob's suggestion is great too .
Photo of Anna

Anna

• 6,126 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Also, keep in mind that that 1 text message is 160 characters. If your text message goes over that, you will be charged for 2 text messages, and so on! Have an awesome trip :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.